Popular chassis for dirt oval racing?

Oh you opened a can of worms now LOL. Theres way more than 5 that are regularly popular but I'll try my hand at a top 5 list:

1. Phantom
2. Millenium
3. Trick
4. Laser
5. Charger

I could go on and on but you said 5. Phantom would by far be the most popular, does that mean they are the best? Well they are good and its up to who you ask. There are at least 10 brands that regularly compete with Phantom on any given night and beat them, its all in the tires and setup. Go with what you can get the most support in your area on and that usually means whatever chassis the primary kart shop your going to be dealing with makes or sells as the more things you buy from one place in general the more help youll get. Loyalty to a business and the resulting support to you that comes from that is worth a lot more than shopping around for the best price on everything, at least to me - and Im a budget racer too but its not worth me saving .50 cents on a part going somewhere else than buying from my main shop because of the help they give me. By the way I deal with Competition Karting Inc / Laser Chassis, great group of people but again, there are many people who can help you, and this question on here will get you dozens of different answers because there really is no right answer. Good luck whatever you decide!

-Rowdy Wayne

Oh you opened a can of worms now LOL. Theres way more than 5 that are regularly popular but I'll try my hand at a top 5 list:

1. Phantom
2. Millenium
3. Trick
4. Laser
5. Charger

I could go on and on but you said 5. Phantom would by far be the most popular, does that mean they are the best? Well they are good and its up to who you ask. There are at least 10 brands that regularly compete with Phantom on any given night and beat them, its all in the tires and setup. Go with what you can get the most support in your area on and that usually means whatever chassis the primary kart shop your going to be dealing with makes or sells as the more things you buy from one place in general the more help youll get. Loyalty to a business and the resulting support to you that comes from that is worth a lot more than shopping around for the best price on everything, at least to me - and Im a budget racer too but its not worth me saving .50 cents on a part going somewhere else than buying from my main shop because of the help they give me. By the way I deal with Competition Karting Inc / Laser Chassis, great group of people but again, there are many people who can help you, and this question on here will get you dozens of different answers because there really is no right answer. Good luck whatever you decide!

-Rowdy Wayne

100% right, but I'd like to know how laser got on there. Phantom is at the top but may not last longer after the new facktor. You can make anything fast.

Top 5 is say: 1. phantom
2. Millienium
3. Ultraxmax
4. Charge
5. Trick

Laser hasnt ever been on the top 5 list of chassis manufacturers as far as i know lol. Phantom, Millenium, Ultramax, Charger and Trick have always been the most popular chassis. Lately, the Kinetik chassis have sort of replaced trick in that top 5 though, but the Scorpion should be good for Trick to get back in that game

Laser hasnt ever been on the top 5 list of chassis manufacturers as far as i know lol. Phantom, Millenium, Ultramax, Charger and Trick have always been the most popular chassis. Lately, the Kinetik chassis have sort of replaced trick in that top 5 though, but the Scorpion should be good for Trick to get back in that game

Trick has the Monster now

Well like I said there could be dozens of answers but hey I had to put the chassis I ride personally on there LOL Theres a lot more of them out there than people realize for that matter and by the end up the year (as Im still learning after being out a few years) I intend on putting mine somewhere in the top 5 :) My goal for next season is to be able to afford a brand new Laser Edge. Again like I said there is no right answer to this question.

-Rowdy Wayne

As far as winning the big shows, it's:
1. Phantom Triton
2. Millienium Faktor
3. Platinum TG3
4. Charger Dynasty
5. Ultramax Xceed
Note: Prowler karts are dong well this year as well.....

I know this thread is old but I didn't want to clutter the forum when I can get an idea here. What are the best chassis or chassis that have been strong for Friday/Saturday night racing? I've seen the T/O Monster has been doing good at Woodleaf, also the Triton.

I'd wager there have been more Laser chassis sold than any other. From the early 80s until the late 90s it was Laser or loser. The Laser Proto was the dominant straight rail. The Laser LTO was the original offset, the Laser AV1 was the original adjustable front end and the Laser AV2 was probably the best straight bar offset ever built. They were well ahead of the curve for 2 decades. They faded with the advent of the z-bars because their wheel guys aged out.

The top 5 for a weekend could include a homebuilt jalopy, the key factor is in the set up and having your tires right with a decent motor. We have phantoms, a millennium, an Ultramax, a trick, a laser av2 or 4 can't remember and an old predator chassis. As long as you are set up and hooked up any chassis is a top 5 contender!

I agree i raced on a oval rocket and was beating phantoms and maxs all day back in the early 2000s it was setup and motor now its more a tire game and what prep ur using but the karts acted way different tires were diffent as well

Back