Possible adjustments

So I had a race saturday at our local little track. Not sure on exact size probably 1/10. Racing predator 375. Kart would not rotate in the corner unless I blipped the throttle. Is there an adjustment I could make to fix that or its just that way sometimes. 07 Icon Lf 59.5% Nose 46.9% Cross 62%

Last edited:
Does not want to rotate mean:

Was it slow as a pig because it would not turn.

or it was slow as a pig because it went round the turn ok but as slow as a pig.

I could turn the steering wheel and make it turn. But if I blipped the throttle it would rotate and I would not have to turn the wheel. To paulkish if I burped the throttle it was fast.

Last edited:
Your description isn't the best at least for me but an increase in stagger will help to free up the rear of kart from apex off which will help you turn less ...more caster split will help you turn less from entry to exit an increase in left side weight will free the entire chassis go to far and will have 4 wheel drift

Burp the throttle, like lift and right back to full throttle? Your unloading the left rear and then re loading it after the kart starts to turn? More right front camber?

Yes right at apex off and right back on the throttle. I changed wording to blipped the throttle. Can someone give me the exact word?

So I had a race saturday at our local little track. Not sure on exact size probably 1/10. Racing predator 375. Kart would not rotate in the corner unless I blipped the throttle. Is there an adjustment I could make to fix that or its just that way sometimes. 07 Icon Lf 59.5% Nose 46.9% Cross 62%
I don’t think that’s uncommon for a small track. Be sure you are arcing it in the corner and bouncing off the apex to keep it smooth and not bind up the kart. I agree with @poboyracer a little more negative caster might help that RF bite up. In general, physics requires that you apply force in only one direction. If you are on the gas you are accelerating forward and without some help from a banker corner it won’t want to turn left and accelerate. Burp it just enough to cut the wheel and jump back in it.

Back