Powder Coating Prices

I just thought that was crazy because I got a go-kart chassis, a bunch of seat brackets, 2 nerf bars, spindles, front and rear bumpers, steering wheel, and a bunch of other small stuff powder-coated black for $225. It even had to be sandblasted 2 times because I had to pick the chassis up to get a bracket welded on. And they put thick gloss black powder-coat. I get stuff done by them all the time and never spend much but I was surprised when it cost over 500. Thought it would be 300 at the most.

Seems like every place has high priced and low priced powder coaters. We got quotes that were all over the place.

$125 - $150 to sandblast and powder coat for a bare kart frame locally. Black is by far the cheapest -- I've priced some specialty colors and the price doubles or more.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

$125 - $150 to sandblast and powder coat for a bare kart frame locally. Black is by far the cheapest -- I've priced some specialty colors and the price doubles or more.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
About the same here but I do my karts in orange.

$250 / frame is what I've been paying in NC, and they'll bake off the old @ 400° for an additional $50 that saves me inhaling a bunch of bad crap. I'm comfortable enough with my mechanical engineering education on steel to save the hassle and bake it off...

Back