PRC Banshee

Found a complete banshee, minus motor, just still in a barn. Just dirty and dust but no rust and not bent. Guy wants $300. I’m going to pull the trigger and at least make it a yard kart. I wouldn’t imagine it would be competitive on a dirt track and certainly not on asphalt if it’s not adjustable front end. I would love to run it on dirt but I also don’t want to get lapped all the time. But my question is, would this be a good kart for my 6 year old to learn on a 1/4 mile asphalt track? Just to get the feel of racing. I know seat time is the most important thing. I just don’t want to sink a bunch of money into something he may night like. But I also don’t want him to get discouraged. I currently run a phenom so he see me and would like to try. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck, that kart will be just fine for your 6 year old to start out on.
Yes, you wouldn't want to take it to a big money race, but for back yard racing, it's worth every dime. If you don't buy it, I will. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thanks Brian. Would it be worth it to let him race it on 1/4 mile asphalt track or has technology passed it by so much he pretty much be running alone? And I know it’s all about seat time, but without know the competitions karts, I just would want him to be semi competitive even if it’s for last. And best case for me is I use it as a yard kart. It would be a predator class and I imagine he will be the youngest in the field.and I’ve read where parts are hard to come by. True?

Karts that cheap won't last for long.
It would have been fine for him to start out on (or for you in the backyard) and you could have easily doubled your money when you wanted to sell it to upgrade. Bolt a $100 Predator engine on it and 4 old tires and you've got a $1000 kart all day long in today's market.
Thanks for the kind words. Wish you woulda got it, but hopefully another deal will turn up.

I started running a NOS 1999 Banshee this season, asphault oval. Is it as fast as the other karts? I don't know. I just know that I am slower than the other drivers.

Back