Prc chain guide

bullerman

Anybody using the prc chain guide? I have a 08 Laser with a Mega Mount that it will work on. I would like to run some type of guide. I have ran several different types.

I never had much trouble throwing a chain but this looks like it would work pretty good. Think I will get me one. Thanks

I never had much trouble throwing a chain but this looks like it would work pretty good. Think I will get me one. Thanks
If your using a Regular gear guard having a lot of problems your doing something wrong, or issue with the chain, a chain guide will not solve your issue without figuring out your issue and making the adjustment.

No. Just getting back in racing after 6 years. Saw the prc guide on you tube. I will probably just go with the regular guards. Just thought about the prc one.

I just bought one but it’s different than the one in the online video. The guide block is open in the top which seems like it may jump out. We will see.

If you are throwing chains, Something is wrong! I used to throw chains then figured out the chain was making contact with the track especially in a spin out. . Never run anything over 66 rear gear now. But I do have a PRC chain guide. And know how to align the gears and chain. correct tension. Floating hub.
Top of the guide block is open.
But this is just my opinion. And I have been known to be wrong. Just ask my wife!!

I just bought one but it’s different than the one in the online video. The guide block is open in the top which seems like it may jump out. We will see.

I started using the PRC guide roughly when it came onto the market and always loved the system. I believe when I bought my first one, it came closed on top. This was slightly annoying when you had to either break the chain or remove the block when doing weekly maintenance, switching engines, or anything along those lines. I ended up cutting the top out of it for ease of work. I never once had an issue with it jumping out of the guide. I hope this helps!

we have been running this chain guide for several years, on animals, 206, and formula engines. we run a pin it gear hub, with no chain guide. with master link on chain. the only time i have seen a chain problem, is when something wasn't adjusted right, gears not aligned, chain too long, chain twisted, master link not installed right, and other things that weren't right to start with. i wouldn't run a 4 cycle kart without one.

Back