PRC Deuce question

Hello, everyone. I am the new owner of a 2018 Deuce. The kart is currently missing the rear floor pan. Is this even necessary to have?

You mean for speed, or to use as a tool tray and dust shield? :) The air under a kart is soooooo dirty that I can't imagine it does anything, esp. since ride height isn't controlled and the edges aren't sealed off. But they look cool and arguably keep the rear end cleaner. I'll be curious to see other replies.

Last edited:
Honestly, it probably serves not much of a purpose at all like the benefit probably isn't noticeable at all. But it is nice to be able to put tools and bolts on when working on the axle or motor and stuff.

I like it...whether if it's worth the $100 or whatever the cost is I wouldn't spend that. But it does help relieve some pressure from underneath the car which helps it pull around

The rear pan dirtys the air behind the kart so the kart behind you can't get a huge run.
Tested ½ a day on a ¼ mile track, 20 laps with, 20 laps without, same everything, wasn't satisfied so we done it again, same result.
Zero difference in lap times.
Took it off ran a race the next night, same track, ran the heat without it, run the feature with it, because I had noticed in other races, the closing speed, same I saw in the heat race.
Paid attention to it in the feature, closing speed was reduced.

I like it...whether if it's worth the $100 or whatever the cost is I wouldn't spend that. But it does help relieve some pressure from underneath the car which helps it pull around
None what so ever, too many open areas around the wheels and down the sides, from outside the frame rail to the body.
If the pan went from front to back, and side to side, it might a tad, but I dont think so because of the turbulence around the wheel opening

performance wise they do little to nothing. Sorry karts on dirt tracks just don't reach the speeds it takes for ground effects to work.
Pros: keep things cleaner, keeps your frame from getting so scratched up, gives a place to set your wrench/bottle/sprockets etc
Cons: kart is more difficult to wash/drain water from seat. they get tore up. some think it stiffens the cassis, some times they are just in the way

performance wise they do little to nothing. Sorry karts on dirt tracks just don't reach the speeds it takes for ground effects to work.
Pros: keep things cleaner, keeps your frame from getting so scratched up, gives a place to set your wrench/bottle/sprockets etc
Cons: kart is more difficult to wash/drain water from seat. they get tore up. some think it stiffens the cassis, some times they are just in the way
Lol anything that moves is effected by air flow.
Never had a problem getting water out of the seat, air pressure...no problem
Never tore one up.
Only thing it was in the way of is the RR seat strut bottom, really no problem because I never move that strut.
Keeps the frame from getting scratched up?
No it doesn't extend that far out, just like the front pan doesnt

Lol anything that moves is effected by air flow.
Never had a problem getting water out of the seat, air pressure...no problem
Never tore one up.
Only thing it was in the way of is the RR seat strut bottom, really no problem because I never move that strut.
Keeps the frame from getting scratched up?
No it doesn't extend that far out, just like the front pan doesnt
On a 1/4 mile asphalt, I'd say yes it's quite important to have a really aerodynamic body and full floorpan..swoop bodies aren't as good as high sides, that's full on decided at this point. Wipe down the body with wd-40 and I've been told it makes a small difference on aerodynamics also. Everything adds up. You want the least rotating weight possible, best gear ratios, highest possible air that you can run. Not as much cross weight as dirt for sure. Maybe 2 and 4 caster. Man I wish I had a track like that to race on. Where is it?

On a 1/4 mile asphalt, I'd say yes it's quite important to have a really aerodynamic body and full floorpan..swoop bodies aren't as good as high sides, that's full on decided at this point. Wipe down the body with wd-40 and I've been told it makes a small difference on aerodynamics also. Everything adds up. You want the least rotating weight possible, best gear ratios, highest possible air that you can run. Not as much cross weight as dirt for sure. Maybe 2 and 4 caster. Man I wish I had a track like that to race on. Where is it?
Jasper right outside of Birmingham Alabama

Back