PRC’s new Champ Cage WKA legal?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe per the champ diagrams the cage has to have a one piece rear hoop? Their new cage design doesn’t have this feature?

BD5C67F7-FB10-4CCB-A748-2DC7EB3F2F77.jpeg

My rule book is not current , It seems unlikely they would manufacture something that did not comply .

My rule book is not current , It seems unlikely they would manufacture something that did not comply .
yeah ok, Phantom is the reason they shortened the LS wheelbase measurement rule
Ill bet you measure the wheelbase its short too

Is it not still 42”?
He is just referencing when PRC’s wheel base was measured shorter on a flat kart than what is legal and the rules were changed so it would be deemed legal.

The question here is how can these champs pass safety tech with a non conforming to the current WKA rules package for a cage?

Charlotte is coming up isn’t that a WKA sanctioned event?

For example this is a 99-00 era CKI Laser AV-1 champ. Looks extremely similar in design. This cage was no longer allowed to be manufactured because of WKA’s new champ kart roll cage rules package which came out around 2001. The package was created with safety in mind to create strength in multiple directions proper seat belt mounting heights and etc.
945D2C4E-6D2B-4B11-8F6F-2E2F4D3347F4.jpeg

Weren't nerf bar rules also changed recently for the M design ??

Section 476.6 on page 74 of the 2019 WKA manual says "hoop A" of the cage must be one continuous tube with either three or four bends.

Yes Keith, the M design was illegal until a rule change to accommodate it.

For example this is a 99-00 era CKI Laser AV-1 champ. Looks extremely similar in design. This cage was no longer allowed to be manufactured because of WKA’s new champ kart roll cage rules package which came out around 2001. The package was created with safety in mind to create strength in multiple directions proper seat belt mounting heights and etc. View attachment 5592
Now this kart has the right motor!! 10 horse Tecumseh Star. Loved running those engines. I still have 4 or 5 collecting dust.

Back