Prd 100 rk

Rocket Man 54

I have a PRD TAG 100 motor has anybody ran this motor combo it has a 1 disc clutch setup. Doesn't seem to have the power of a kt 100 and it has a warlbro wb55 carb. I also run it in unlimited sprint class due to it has a starter. OH I looked at the port timing and they are almost like kt 100. Thanks :)

will pics soon as possile

I have a PRD TAG 100 motor has anybody ran this motor combo it has a 1 disc clutch setup. Doesn't seem to have the power of a kt 100 and it has a warlbro wb55 carb. I also run it in unlimited sprint class due to it has a starter. OH I looked at the port timing and they are almost like kt 100. Thanks :)

I will buy the clutch from you if you would like a replacement. If yours in ok condition I can do a swap with something in good condition or whatever you prefer. I have some pretty messed up rules here and need an original disc clutch. Send me a PM if you like.

I'm not sure if the 100cc and 125cc clutch are the same. I will check.

They ran a class of them in VA for a while, not much power for the weight, etc. "Rick" someoneorother was the coordinator / dealer....if I recall it, I'll post back. Lost on the Bob's crash...

Sorry fellas wrong info on carb it's a warlbro WB 42 with a choke/and a idle set up and the motor is rated at 13 hp -14,800 rpm does that sound right.
I check the port timing in a old WKA tech manual can't remember with year. and it has the stock pipe on it(PRD 125 style) would a Yamaha style pipe work.
the clutch deal I have a inside track on parts and motors. PM me ARC100 and I will give you the info you need. Times zones or different I think. looks like the KPV drum clutch is the same

The wb42 has the same venturi size as a wb3A, but the choke in front cuts the overall airflow a good bit, could be enough to drop a couple HP. 13 does sound a little wimpy though for an engine capable of turning 14,800. If port timing is similar to the KT a KT pipe would work great, the stock pipe on it may explain some of the low power output. Jon

I tried one years some ago on dirt. Felt pretty flat on full throttle, but might be the carb or restricted intake. I guess opened should be able run like a Yamaha or faster.

Ok thanks to everyone for helping out will try a WB3A. It has a bridge in the intake port if remove would it affect it any' . if removed would the rings might hang up I have not tried it yet. jest asking for opinions and thoughts.

Ok thanks to everyone for helping out will try a WB3A. It has a bridge in the intake port if remove would it affect it any' . if removed would the rings might hang up I have not tried it yet. jest asking for opinions and thoughts.
I'm pretty sure someone has the information on how wide a port can be. I'll bet Pete Muller knows.

I remember the rk 100...disposable pp100....really was, it was a 300$ engine new..was a 100cc piston port and was designed to run with 4 strokes in sprints originally but did not work out...they made low power for 100cc stock and then adopted as a stick can class engine in road race i heard and this was back in late 90's early 2k's after that flop it was discontinued...there was something about the cylinder and port design that was similar to IAME but used a tci and not by tci like the yamaha or some crap and was it's power draw back..the timing was different i was told.. this set up would be like a k71 using a tci??? imagine that.. not fixed timing? these were not designed to replace yamahas btw..i saw one built to the hilt as an open once that had adopted an IAME ignition and seem to run better but no miricle still...they didn't last and were designed not to last and are for he most part used up and thrown away. It was cheaper to buy a new one at 300$ than go thru one and that was their concept...kinda like the clones..throw it in the garbage and for 125 you can buy a new stock one well we all what has turned into...1500$ engines now so the stocker..well you know the storys....and by the way it did come with the walbro wb3 carb with same carb setting recomendations as the KT100s...hope this helps

Thanks Rooster for the info paid 500$ for the complete engine kit.
with the carb that's on it it's about's fast as a clone not saying I don't like it's a good play motor anyway. just trying to get it to run a little better and if it blows no big deal I can still get parts for it . piston/rods/gaskets/bearings and so forth. still might change that disc clutch for a drum one. Thanks again for everybodys help.

It's a parking lot terror LOL
I guess I'd start on my predator build now

Compression = power. Give a 9cc head, and KT-100 port specs, and convert to alky....and have fun with it. And swap out ign.

Prd open

I built a PRD took the bridge out of intake put a 55.6 new type PRD piston TT25 CRANK
on BT82 CASE, twin 360 carbs.MR AL ESHMAN DYNO run was 47 hp still have paper work and still have cyc and head,could be for sale. call JOE TORRES 623-570-5703.

I have a PRD TAG 100 motor has anybody ran this motor combo it has a 1 disc clutch setup. Doesn't seem to have the power of a kt 100 and it has a warlbro wb55 carb. I also run it in unlimited sprint class due to it has a starter. OH I looked at the port timing and they are almost like kt 100. Thanks :) prdengines This site says they are 18 hp out of the box???

Isn't the WB55 the small carb the IKF used along with the 4 hole can for the JR1 class? That combo made about 10hp. Often run with a 1 disc clutch.

DK

Back