Pred class allowing open clutch?

br2715

These rules now allow any clutch to be ran. Is there any advantage of running my bully clutch that I usually run on my s/a motor. Or should I stick with running the drum clutch like I have been?

Attachments

• AE34ECAB-5117-4F55-86D2-BD26BBBD0AB3.jpeg
    AE34ECAB-5117-4F55-86D2-BD26BBBD0AB3.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 29
Any Pred class allowing open clutch is defeating the purpose of Predator -- simple, and CHEAP. Yes, there's always an advantage to running a better clutch.
Could I leave it setup like i run it on my s/a or would I need to change it up to make it engage at a lower rpm?

I would change it because a S/A motor revs higher than 5000 so you would want to have the engagement when you have the power because they both make different power at different rpms

For how many years have I been telling you to set the clutch at peak torque?? Apparently no one is listening.

The clutch type has nothing to do with it, peak torque is where you want to set the clutch.

The disk clutch might get you a little more RPM, it grips better, but not a whole lot. There's other reasons why it turns more RPM, leverage efficiency beinq one.

a few local tracks near me let you run the disc in predator class. I refuse to do it. They get the jump on ya on restarts but once they are 1 to 1 it’s hard to tell the difference. I have tried my single disc vortex and liked it on there.

One thing you have to watch out for when setting for high stall speeds: caution flags and other low rpm situations. Are there a lot of them where you will be racing? I put a box stock motor on my kart just to try it for a 100 lap race. Worked fine until race time but when it was main event time there were a lot of cautions and my Stinger got hot as hell. If I had to do over again I would have dropped the stall speed way down.

Back