Predator 212 Block Swap; Need Help

hunskey

So I was trying to put a new head on my predator 212 which was originally for a 196cc clone (By the way, will this even work?) and while putting on the head bolts, I accidentally broke a head bolt off in the block :mad: I've tried everything to get it out with no luck, so now i'm just getting a new block. But before I do anything I need some info. First off, do I need to re-check the oil clearance with a plastigauge when putting it in the new block? Secondly, do I need a piston ring compressor to get it in? Thirdly, I only have a jeggs torque wrench with 1/2 drive which won't fit in the crankcase, so what should I do about torque on the rod bolts? Thanks for any help in advance.

Im not sure but I dont think the head will work.....someone will be along soon and sure of that or not.
You do not need to check the oil clearance but you should. If the crank/rod clearance was good in the old block it wont change.
You do not need a ring compressor but it helps not break the rings. Can be done without.
You MUST torque the rod bolts. Do what you have to but this must happen.

Clone 196 heads will fit on predator blocks both the hemi and non hemi. You will have to just use the head bolts to align the head, gasket when assembling. Buy you a 1/4 inch torque wrench from harbor freight. Then you can get to the rod bolts. The H Freight tools aren't the best but it gets the job done and its cheap.

If you want to try and salvage or sell the block with broken head bolt send me a pm. I've got a snap on extractor that should get it out.

And also remember if its a hemi block and your using a 196cc head you will need the to also use the shorter push rods from the clone.if its a non hemi you will be fine.

Try welding a nut onto what's left of the stud then take it out with a wrench. Worked for me many times before to extract broken bolts.

Back