Predator 212 Box stock clutch engament?

1/5th mile oval asphalt. my tach wont show RPM drop so i am without that information.
1/5 asphalt are you flat footing it around the course? you should never get to clutch engagement speeds if your gear correctly. what rpm are you hitting at the end of the strait?

you need to get to 2700-3000. and the weight class has nothing to do with clutch engagement rpm.
I run all white springs and a heavy weight in every hole for my predator clutch.
I use hillards on my clone, flathead, and my predator. they are all set up as well as possible and no one with a bully pulls away from me ever. i don't care how much you spend on a clutch or what color they anodize the basket if you don't set the correct stall speed you're getting left behind on the start.
If weight has nothing to do with it then set your adult clutch up the same as a junior and lets see how that works out....

If weight has nothing to do with it then set your adult clutch up the same as a junior and lets see how that works out....
the weight of the kart has no effect on what rpm the motor makes torque. if the jr driver or senior driver are using the same engine i would have the same clutch but a different gear ratio. we are talking stall speed of the clutch not gearing for the track

What are the signs of a bad clutch?
it no no longer engages smoothly or wrong stall speed.
Clutches should be inspected for worn out parts or friction material. warped baskets or sloppy fitting parts. free and correctly lubricated bearings. badly worn drivers. if you over heat a clutch the springs will loose their temper. Your clutch should be inspected nearly every weekend. have seen several DNFs due to neglected clutches or when they pull their clone clutch and throw it on a predator.

it no no longer engages smoothly or wrong stall speed.
Clutches should be inspected for worn out parts or friction material. warped baskets or sloppy fitting parts. free and correctly lubricated bearings. badly worn drivers. if you over heat a clutch the springs will loose their temper. Your clutch should be inspected nearly every weekend. have seen several DNFs due to neglected clutches or when they pull their clone clutch and throw it on a predator.
Boggy and slow take off a sign of one going bad?

Boggy and slow take off a sign of one going bad?
or at the wrong stall speed. set it somewhere between 2700-3000. use your break and a memory tach to confirm. if your clutch is smooth and stays locked up it's fine. you will not be doing burnouts or spinning a lot of gravel with a stock predator. they are mostly around 7.5-8hp

Just picked up a hillard flame today.
Box stock predator for champ kart.
2 black 2 white springs any weights?

Just picked up a hillard flame today.
Box stock predator for champ kart.
2 black 2 white springs any weights?
Are these the only springs you have?
This would be way high for a stock OTB Predator.
At the very least you'd have to add a bunch of weight.
I'd recommend softer springs to get the engagement down around 28-3000 rpm.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Are these the only springs you have?
This would be way high for a stock OTB Predator.
At the very least you'd have to add a bunch of weight.
I'd recommend softer springs to get the engagement down around 28-3000 rpm.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I can go 4 white springs and no weights engages at 2800

Or 2 black and 2 yellow one weight on each shoe engages at 3000

Or 2 black and 2 whites loaded with weights engages at 3000

try both options see with one pulls better in a start or you can try the bathroom scale trick where you put a bathroom scale between the kart and a wall and see witch one pushes harder. (don't use a glass scale lol)

try both options see with one pulls better in a start or you can try the bathroom scale trick where you put a bathroom scale between the kart and a wall and see witch one pushes harder. (don't use a glass scale lol)
How do u do that?

Digital or analogue scale

Back