Predator 212 Box Stock Oil

KochRacing

What weight of oil is recommended for the 100% box stock predators? It seems like everyone has a different opinion on this matter? I'd like to run a quality oil such as mobil 1. something that is much easier to acquired than racing oils such as Thor Oil.

Mobile 1 make a 4t oil that is available at Wal-Mart. I use amsoil 4t. and it is a pain to get sometimes. One of my rules for oil is to always use an oil that is designed for what you are doing , diesel oil in a diesel , drag race oil in a drag car etc...

Mobile 1 make a 4t oil that is available at Wal-Mart. I use amsoil 4t. and it is a pain to get sometimes. One of my rules for oil is to always use an oil that is designed for what you are doing , diesel oil in a diesel , drag race oil in a drag car etc...
the mobil 4t is 10w40 is that to thick? not sure what weight the amsoil is

Hard to say if you tape fan and have a high side body heavier oil is better. No tape , low body, real box stock ,lite oil would be ok. Myself I pick oil than shows the least wear over the life of the motor.

Hard to say if you tape fan and have a high side body heavier oil is better. No tape , low body, real box stock ,lite oil would be ok. Myself I pick oil than shows the least wear over the life of the motor.
No Tape 100% stock out of the box 5000-5100 RPM on the track. 5400RPM on stand.
20200905_134559.jpg

40 is to much . Whatever oil you use , change it at least after every race night . I use CoolPower medium green in my clones , and have never had any issues . For a predator , I think they call for a 30 wt . If you change it after each night , you shouldn't have any problems .

Thanks for the input everyone!
I've decided to go with Mobil 1 5w30 which happens to be on sale for $5.49/QT at my local Napa Auto Parts

I use a 50/50 mix of 5w20 and atf. Drain Immediately after Feature hot and have had zero issues. 13oz total

I've been running Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 and so far so good. It's also nice to not have to change it after every 30 laps like the Thor oil Light that I was using in the past

What makes you think you can run it longer than thor???
After a night of racing it doesn't feel like dirty water. IMO if mobil 1 is good for 10,000 miles in a $5,000 car engine it should be good for a couple weekends in a $99 engine from harbor freight.

Back