Predator 212 Box Stock Oil

After a night of racing it doesn't feel like dirty water. IMO if mobil 1 is good for 10,000 miles in a $5,000 car engine it should be good for a couple weekends in a $99 engine from harbor freight.
The thing to remember is that your auto has a filter to remove contamination.
The only way to remove the contaminants is to drain them out with the oil.
It's a $99 engine, but you have a lot more invested by the time you get on track.
Time, entry fees, travel, tires, prep, etc.
I'm assuming dirt track, so even more chance of contamination.

Oil is cheap in the big picture.

Last edited:
After a night of racing it doesn't feel like dirty water. IMO if mobil 1 is good for 10,000 miles in a $5,000 car engine it should be good for a couple weekends in a $99 engine from harbor freight.
That used to be my thinking till I gaulded the rods in 2 clone engines in less than 10 laps each in hot laps, I run Thor medium now and no issues! Granted I was turning right at 7000rpm yours may live a little longer. But i will say a guy on or team runs boxstock with thor light got distracted when changing oil and forgot to refill it. Cranked up the engine and pegged it wide open then realized what he done. The motor wasn't rattling but we tore it down for safety's sake and there wasn't any wear what so ever. This was a short period probably less than 30 seconds but still.

That used to be my thinking till I gaulded the rods in 2 clone engines in less than 10 laps each in hot laps, I run Thor medium now and no issues! Granted I was turning right at 7000rpm yours may live a little longer. But i will say a guy on or team runs boxstock with thor light got distracted when changing oil and forgot to refill it. Cranked up the engine and pegged it wide open then realized what he done. The motor wasn't rattling but we tore it down for safety's sake and there wasn't any wear what so ever. This was a short period probably less than 30 seconds but still.
The thor oil seemed to keep the engine clean and running smooth. The biggest issue with it around here is the availability. Closest person that sells it around here is 45 mins away. I've also got a buddy who's son races box stock and he didn't change the oil this season and it still runs strong. Not something I would do lol

The thor oil seemed to keep the engine clean and running smooth. The biggest issue with it around here is the availability. Closest person that sells it around here is 45 mins away. I've also got a buddy who's son races box stock and he didn't change the oil this season and it still runs strong. Not something I would do lol
Most kart places sell thor its easy to add a gallon to the order and get it mailed

Back