Predator 212 buildup

Lkerley

I'm trying to see which diy build option is best for our predator drag bike outlaw class pump gas.

Buying a stock predator from harbor frt. tearing it apart and using one of these stage 3 kits and building it back up.
mod 2 cam,springs,arc rod,arc flywheel,and a 22 mikuni,1.2 roller rockers.
or:
A complete motor kits you build like Dover offers.Not sure if there predators.
Trying to keep it below $650.
Which way would you go?

why? the CM .265" cam is the same price and with 1.3 rockers will get u .345" lift with NON hemi head, max lift that does any good... without RADICAL head work ( welding/machining of head)... but got to check for coil bind at full lift got to have .030" tween coils. a problem on HEMI's? with shorter valve spring pockets? and canted valves that want to run into piston at....????" lift. not so much a problem with NON hemi engine that does NOT have canted valves that the edge of valve wants to hit top/side of piston.

port work with wen grinder $23 from HK/CN and 80 grit sanding drums... and extra mandrels from CN/HK... $4 for 80 of them, extra mandrels (not the singing sisters) are nice as they disappear/bend. if get the screw thing on end just so ... can slip the sanding drums off/on without having to loosen the screw... but if too loose... it falls out at speed and it is GONE!!!! that is why... extra mandrels... and safety goggles/glasses/face shield...

BE CAREFUL OF THE KNURLED PART OF GRINDER, the thing u put ur fingers on to loosen the sanding drum mandrel... as it WILL GRIND THE VALVE SEAT TOO... IF U ARE NOT PAYING ATTN!!!! and that is BAD, so pay attn! ports shd be 85% of valve seat area? .... exhaust is supposedly big enuf, someone said, but while u are there, might as well smooth it up some. port match it to gasket/header flange... made mine kinda big. had to grind the inside of header some to make it cone shaped to fit the exhaust port, but it worked out. i got one of those flanges off .... and whoever made it DID NOT EVEN bother to TEST FIT IT TO THE PREDATOR HEAD!!!! the mounting holes were ok... but the exhaust port hole was 1/2 hole off???? so check tht when u get something like that.

dust mask is good.... if u like breathing... without O2 tank/iron lung. safety GOGGLES to keep aluminum out of ur eyes (dont ask). eye wash bottle $6 at store... ER visit to get eyes cleaned out ... with $6 bottle of eye wash and Dr/nurse for 15 mins... $1500+. shop vacuum on back side of port to suck the little shards of alum u are grinding into vacuum and not into eyes/lungs/clothes. wet the filter on the vacuum to really make it tacky for fine particles of dust aluminum???

Billet rod so u dont ruin the engine with a broken rod, TORQUE WRENCH and 10 mm / 1/4" socket... 12 point for con rod torque... twice to make it seat right on the crankshaft journal... hopefully. intake/cone air filter/header / scooter muffler... didnt hold up too well on me running WOT for 5 mins... blew a 2" hole in the side of the cheap alum body of muffler??? i suppose it was made for 49cc engine... not 212. but it was cheap and looked pretty, in blue that faded big time... outside... in the shade????

dont get much for $15 scooter muffler... that i cld cut off the bad part, drill out rivets that hold end cap on, drill extra holes in end cap since exhaust pipe is TINY and drill new holes in body of muffler , to reuse it? i think that was the problem. tiny exhaust pipe and i didnt drill 6-3/8" holes in end cap for extra gasses to go out at ~5500R's????

I'm partial to Dover myself..
These guys will walk you through your entire build,, they try to steer you clear of the pit falls or not knowing and or guessing..
704-485-2020... best time to call is noon till 4 and after 5pm..
Great info...I've never heard anything negative from Dover guys.I purchased a gforce Flathead carb awhile back and I was beyond impressed with the service it gave me.Cant wait to try a kit!

Back