Predator 212 CC

Very helpful, yeah I'll keep that in mind. Getting 10 hp (about a 4 hp gain over stock) would be nice. Eventually though, I'm planning on going to a performance cam, lifter, springs, piston, all that to make about 20-22 hp, seen a kit online that can do that. I'm making a fairly large 2-seater, and not only do I want the extra power, I think I'll need it!

It takes a little more than that to make 20-22hp with these engines, and is even harder to make it a reliable 20-22hp. Just the parts you mentioned in this post would only get you to 14-15hp unless you ditch the stock carb and go with at least a gx390 carb or a Mikuni. Most of the "performance kits" you see online advertise such and such hp but realistically it takes a little more than just bolting some parts on/in the engine to make it reliable and achieve the numbers your going for. You would probably be better off going with a big block like kart43 suggested unless you have a good bit of mechanical ability and basic engine building knowledge at the very least. What those sites usually dont tell you is that the head, cam and carb all need to be matched up properly for you to achieve those numbers, and the engine has to be tuned properly as well, which requires either dyno time or a good bit of experience tuning these engines.

You can easily get 10hp with just simple bolt on parts like a good pipe, air filter adapter, governor removal, rejetting the carb, and better valve springs. Bone Stock made some very good points in his post above and looks like wise advice for what you are doing

It takes a little more than that to make 20-22hp with these engines, and is even harder to make it a reliable 20-22hp. Just the parts you mentioned in this post would only get you to 14-15hp unless you ditch the stock carb and go with at least a gx390 carb or a Mikuni. Most of the "performance kits" you see online advertise such and such hp but realistically it takes a little more than just bolting some parts on/in the engine to make it reliable and achieve the numbers your going for. You would probably be better off going with a big block like kart43 suggested unless you have a good bit of mechanical ability and basic engine building knowledge at the very least. What those sites usually dont tell you is that the head, cam and carb all need to be matched up properly for you to achieve those numbers, and the engine has to be tuned properly as well, which requires either dyno time or a good bit of experience tuning these engines.

You can easily get 10hp with just simple bolt on parts like a good pipe, air filter adapter, governor removal, rejetting the carb, and better valve springs. Bone Stock made some very good points in his post above and looks like wise advice for what you are doing

Well, yes, more than what I said is needed, I know. I was just saying, didn't want to list all the stuff.. Boarding out the cylinder for one, new carb, yes. New performance head, etc.. This is the kit that I seen that I'm going off of, now they don't say a HP number, I seen that elsewhere.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Predator-En...gs-Non-Hemi-/171666519271?hash=item27f81f34e7

Back