Predator 212 help

Johndougjr

Hello first time reaching out for help would appreciate any advice, I have Predator 212 non hemi, Aluminum rod, flywheel, mod 2 cam, 18 lbs valve springs, makuni 22 mm round slide carb, header, now what.. I feel like I’ve spent so much just a little more couldn’t Hurt, but but don’t know where to go from From here. Thanks John

Gain in both respects . More compression and better air flow .
In your situation the flat top piston is almost a must have .
Springs might be something to consider , if your getting valve float or need more rpm .

Hello first time reaching out for help would appreciate any advice, I have Predator 212 non hemi, Aluminum rod, flywheel, mod 2 cam, 18 lbs valve springs, makuni 22 mm round slide carb, header, now what.. I feel like I’ve spent so much just a little more couldn’t Hurt, but but don’t know where to go from From here. Thanks John
Is running alcohol fuel maybe in the equation? It will give you some more power but you will have to pay really good attention to the maitnence if you od because alcohol can be quite corrosive.

No I’m just running pump gas, what is od?, I’m just experimenting right now, just getting in to it, sorry I waited till 50 years old.and thanks I have a couple more engines that I could play with.

Do I need hemi head or can I work with stock head. And the rockers are confusing, do I need bigger cam or 1.3 to 1 rockers.

Is this for racing or fun?
This is for fun, trail ride mainly, but do need more low end power..just put taller flattop in, thinking of lite port and jet change. This is on a Baja doodle, so I don’t need top end,,well just when those pesky kids come around. ;)

I’m not sure about the gen of the head just know there are new and not hemi. And I appreciate everyone’s advice, this forum is probably more advanced than I need, but y not go to the top,

A torque converter is probably the single best thing you can do. If it doesn't already have one in it. Not sure what clearance issues you'll run into though.

The hemi flat top is shorter than a non hemi. You will have to do a little research to find the right combination to get a flattop in it. I milled the head on my grandsons non hemi off road kart. Did not work good, had to run high octane fuel and the piston would break after a short time. I would sand off the short turn radius in the head , put it on the kart and run it. If you need more low end put more gear in it.

The hemi flat top is shorter than a non hemi. You will have to do a little research to find the right combination to get a flattop in it. I milled the head on my grandsons non hemi off road kart. Did not work good, had to run high octane fuel and the piston would break after a short time. I would sand off the short turn radius in the head , put it on the kart and run it. If you need more low end put more gear in it.
Thanks, that tells me a lot, it wouldn’t fit, the wristpin In the flattop was way smaller than the stock pin. I’m just sending it back.

Sounds like you want a grunter, not a sprinter. Compression is the Holy Grail. A thinner head gasket would help a bunch. Maybe even shav the head a little bit. Maybe advance the timing a little bit. Maybe a slightly colder heat range plug. Maybe change the exhaust and intake air cleaner. Gets more air in her. Big gains with a tuned exhaust pipe. You'll need a muffler and a spark arrestor. Maybe think about ratio rockers.

You most likely will have to increase the jet sizes. Getting more air through the engine you need more fuel, maybe not a bunch, but some.

Yes a grunter, On trail riding I’m trying to get the tire to spin and not try to flip over backwards if that makes sense, the head and gasket I didn’t know I could work with.
I’ll start there, I’m not sure about the plug, when I bought billet rod and flywheel it came with autolite plug, I put hotter coil and had tuned header and arrester
I’m on the right path thanks to all the support.

Back