predator 212 hemi vs non-hemi

KartFab

predator 212 hemi vs non-hemi. What are the major differences? Which is better? Does it even matter? Lets hear your opinions. I'll be making a video of this comparison soon and need some input from you all.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 270
I know I got sent a hemi top plate and I ordered a non hemi one. It wouldn't fit. Could have made it fit but just ordered another. Just more extra parts I guess. So bought a hemi too! Lol. I don't know if one is better than The other though. I do know people use parts from one to another.

The biggest plus on the Hemi for me is the shaft rockers.. Much easier for valve train to stay aligned correctly. "Ball" type rockers have a habit of wearing out where ever they're used. Predator or small block chevy.

is said that the hemi is more of a top end motor and the non hemi is more of a bottom end motor.
I always thought it was the other way around. :confused: Hope to have some help chime in here.

I'm more curious as to why HF makes 2 different types of the same motor? Just calls for more parts, equipment etc to produce these when they could just focus on one and cut back even more costs on their end? Any insight on why 2?

I always thought it was the other way around. :confused: Hope to have some help chime in here.

I'm more curious as to why HF makes 2 different types of the same motor? Just calls for more parts, equipment etc to produce these when they could just focus on one and cut back even more costs on their end? Any insight on why 2?

I was going by the info in that thread. Ive never ran a non hemi so cant speak for sure. Or i may of read it right but relalyed it wrong check out the tread link to validate. It seems i relayed it wrong! My bad!

Something strikes me ive seen something about that or they made a hemi version for california 1 of the 2

I was going by the info in that thread. Ive never ran a non hemi so cant speak for sure. Or i may of read it right but relalyed it wrong check out the tread link to validate. It seems i relayed it wrong! My bad!

No worries at all. You might be right honestly. Just not sure haha

From Harbor Freight:

Normal Model Numbers Are:
69730 - Non-Hemi
60363 - HEMI

Cali Model Number: 69727 --> EPA and CARB rated - Non-Hemi

Dumb/fun fact: the 69730 is 37.5lbs while the 60363 is 35lbs....be curious to know if that's from the parts from factory or the internals...is there a small weight advantage to be had in the Predator class? :p

From Harbor Freight:

Normal Model Numbers Are:
69730 - Non-Hemi
60363 - HEMI

Cali Model Number: 69727 --> EPA and CARB rated - Non-Hemi
[snip]
color me confused :unsure:

60363 shows the non-hemi valve cover, EPA (wasn't listed under 'gasoline engines')
https://www.harborfreight.com/65-hp-212cc-ohv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epa-60363.html
these two were listed under 'gasoline engines'

69730 also shows the non-hemi valve cover, EPA certified
https://www.harborfreight.com/engin...hv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epa-69730.html
69727 shows the HEMI cast aluminum valve cover, EPA/CARB certified
https://www.harborfreight.com/engin...orizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epacarb-69727.html
brain hurty
/max

Everything Harbor Freight sales has multiple codes. They are made in different factories. For instance, the orange tarp straps have 5 different numbers (I think) and they are made slightly different. Seriously, grab 2 packs with different numbers and you can find the differences in the part where you release the ratchet. Same with everything they sell. Heck even the $2 4 packs of multicolored towels are different based on what part number they are.

My guess is those motors are made in 2 different factories and we just know them as Hemi and non-Hemi.

60363 in the Hemi. Harbor freight is low on stock. The stores by me only have 69730 in stock. One store has 20 in stock.

An HEMI cannot be bought in CA from HF. So HEMI’s are a bit of a hot commodity here to say the least

So his is what I have been told by builders the hemi is what you wang when your running stock hemi class. Buf when your running stock appearing where they change everything on inside you want the non hemi. The hemi is hard to find due to most tracks around me are promoting a budget race for racers. I searched for weeks to find hemis at harbor freight and after 2 weeks I was told they would have 5 on a Thursday sent my wife to get a couple and we weren't the only ones waiting to get one. There a good motor for a 100 bucks even after the top plate springs fuel pump and pipe you still under 300 with the cost of motor. When if you run a competitive clone motor your easily over 1000 dollars for a good dynoed motor.

Back