Predator 212 methanol

Wilkening

What I have is a stage 2 predator non hemi with a hot 265 cam, 26mm mikuni carb, 26lb springs, arc billet rod and flywheel. I am wanting to run the motor on methanol. I have a pulse pump that I could use if needed. What all do u need to change? Do I need to have higher compression then stock? I have the thinner head gasket that was provided in the go powersports kit. Do u need a higher compression ratio to really benefit from the methanol? Let me know what u guys think.

Last edited:
It looks like I have to go to methanol because my engine is 11.5:1 compression.

So, I've been doing research. I think you could no problem. You'll just have to really open up the jets and get some advanced key that gives you roughly 36-38 degrees of advance.

I have an alcohol carb here if ya want one. There is a little more to getting the carb correct than just jetting. They will run on just jetting but not at there best

Higher compression ratio than what? Do you know what your compression ratio is now? Alcohol is a lot less susceptible to detonation than gasoline, so a higher compression ratio is possible, but in order to make a recommendation, we need to know what it is now. Can you cc the combustion chamber?

Back