Predator 212 rules

speedwaydesign

Who has the best rules for the Predator 212 engine? - Plus- How many versions of that particular engine are out there? I am getting rules ready for 2014. Tom - cactus Speedway

Tom, hopefully you can be more successful than Jason has been down in Beaumont with the predator package. Looking forward to running with you guys in April for the OKA race!

Matt

First of all they are not my rules. I listened to some local racers and helped them with some rules and guide lines last year. They wanted to travel to other tracks so, in an effort to homogenize the class at a regional level, I contacted a few individuals and together all of us put together a guiding committee. The Southeastern Predator Group rules are the result of a consensus of engine builders, tech men, racers and track owners. I am still a part of that group but by no means am I in charge of it. I simply offer my input now as one of a group of people dedicated to making racing a better sport.

The SPG rules are not perfect and there are some revisions in the works to make them better. Of course even with a better more comprehensive revision, I am sure there will be problems that will rear their head. We will deal with them as they become problematic, but the committee is not going to do knee jerk reactions. Solutions will be well thought out with the least possible impact on the racers at large.

SPG racers as a group are pretty happy with what they have going and it gets bigger every week. As with anything we have complainers too, they are very vocal about what they don't like. But as long as the bulk of the racers are happy, we can tolerate the whiners.

The 2014 SPG revised rules will be posted next week in their entirety free for all to use. We only ask that you use them as written, and help us keep the class cheap by keeping the money element out as much as possible. The rules are very effective at equalizing engines, weight and tires, but this only works if certain critical elements are employed. The gear rule and rpm limit are the most critical, as is the low cost tire rule.

Who has the best rules for the Predator 212 engine? - Plus- How many versions of that particular engine are out there? I am getting rules ready for 2014. Tom - cactus Speedway

The best rules is what we run in western pa you take the govoner out and the oil sensor out and race it's cheep and fun and at the track we are getting over 20 karts for this class it will stay good and cheep if people just stay stock and have a good time.

First of all they are not my rules. I listened to some local racers and helped them with some rules and guide lines last year. They wanted to travel to other tracks so, in an effort to homogenize the class at a regional level, I contacted a few individuals and together all of us put together a guiding committee. The Southeastern Predator Group rules are the result of a consensus of engine builders, tech men, racers and track owners. I am still a part of that group but by no means am I in charge of it. I simply offer my input now as one of a group of people dedicated to making racing a better sport.

The SPG rules are not perfect and there are some revisions in the works to make them better. Of course even with a better more comprehensive revision, I am sure there will be problems that will rear their head. We will deal with them as they become problematic, but the committee is not going to do knee jerk reactions. Solutions will be well thought out with the least possible impact on the racers at large.

SPG racers as a group are pretty happy with what they have going and it gets bigger every week. As with anything we have complainers too, they are very vocal about what they don't like. But as long as the bulk of the racers are happy, we can tolerate the whiners.

The 2014 SPG revised rules will be posted next week in their entirety free for all to use. We only ask that you use them as written, and help us keep the class cheap by keeping the money element out as much as possible. The rules are very effective at equalizing engines, weight and tires, but this only works if certain critical elements are employed. The gear rule and rpm limit are the most critical, as is the low cost tire rule.

Bennie....(I luv ur terminolgy).....'Revision' is MUCH easier too accept than "Change"....Really! :) (wud u run 4 Pres....pls)

Last edited:
The best rules is what we run in western pa you take the govoner out and the oil sensor out and race it's cheep and fun and at the track we are getting over 20 karts for this class it will stay good and cheep if people just stay stock and have a good time.
I Alway's question the 'Best'.....(unless it's 'Mine'....of course!) :)

The 2014 SPG rules are posted at http://p-rphotosboard.com/

Some keep saying pull it out of the box and go. Well that will not work, it may for awhile until folks figure out:

#1 - These engines are no where near equal out of the box.
#2 - There are so many differences you can't even begin to use compare rules.
#3 - There are so many variations that you could pick and chose parts from different models/versions and get a better engine.
#4 - They find out people are doing just that.
#5 - Some are going to tweak and tune several engines, keep the best, sell the rest.
#6 - Those with good engines are going to swear they never touched them and all are the same out of the box.
#7 - Those who try to run out of the box are so discouraged that they quit or move to another class.
#8 - Seals are for those who don't know how to get around them.

For these reason and a few more you gotta have some rule structure. Some will say more rules add more cost, well less rules also add more cost. So you are danged if you do and danged if you don't.

Back