Predator 212 spark plug

Wilkening

I have a 212 predator I was thinking about switching over to alky. I was curious what plug people were running in there predator.

If it dosen't foul , i wouldnt worry .
Otherwise a standard plug will do it .
Personally I'm not a must use plug type.
Autolite 63-64 ngk 6,7,8 . Or equivelent fine wire , platinum plugs .
Just gotta watch the porcelain dosent start boiling . Methanol wont color up like a gas plug .

Just gotta watch the porcelain dosent start boiling . Methanol wont color up like a gas plug .
Strange that you would say that! I have a friend, who I had tutored on the care and feeding of a KT 100, and I've seen his plug between practice sessions. No color. And that's with oil in the gas! Even his engine builder couldn't believe it. "Too lean" he said. Still, too lean or not, he had fast time and won two heats and the main!
I taught him how to use the EGT, do you suppose that had something to do with it.

Very well could . I suppose I should qualify that . I have put several holes in differnt pistons . Both 2 and 4 stroke .

Very well could . I suppose I should qualify that . I have put several holes in differnt pistons . Both 2 and 4 stroke .
I hate it when that happens! Still, I always thought a hole in the top of the piston was from preignition, not being lean. You would have detected that with an EGT.
I knew a guy who had that happen a lot. One day I just stopped listening to him complain. I questioned him a little bit. I went and bought him a fresh can of fuel, no more problems. He went on to win the stock -appearing season title with his laydown kart and stock appearing Komet K 88. No easy task in Southern California.

You measure the amount of oil put in vs the amount drained out ?
Float could stick letting fuel in . Or high level .
Rich on gas shouldn't do it .

Strange that you would say that! I have a friend, who I had tutored on the care and feeding of a KT 100, and I've seen his plug between practice sessions. No color. And that's with oil in the gas! Even his engine builder couldn't believe it. "Too lean" he said. Still, too lean or not, he had fast time and won two heats and the main!
I taught him how to use the EGT, do you suppose that had something to do with it.
EGT is the way to go. A very wise 2 cycle karter / snowmobiler taught me that. Rarely fouled a plug and got more MPG with my sled.

Back