Predator 212 valve springs

I.steve_30

I recently bought a predator 212, and haven't done many mods except for a high flow air filter, header and removed the governor. I was testing the new engine out and the pushrod popped out of the rocker arm at high RPM, I suspect I need heavier valve springs. What lb springs should I put in it to keep thay from happening again? Also i don't plan on doing many more mods except for bigger carb jets.

And you never said you weren’t. Those kind of rpm without any of us knowing you have a better rod makes those of us who help answer questions raises our eyebrows lol.

And you never said you weren’t. Those kind of rpm without any of us knowing you have a better rod makes those of us who help answer questions raises our eyebrows lol.
Did you know some new Predator non hemisphere are coming with 18# springs? OP asked what springs he should use to keep the push rods seated. I gave him my experience.

Can you give anymore insight to this as most kart tracks tech predators compared "to known stock part"
I noticed the same with 2 predator non hemis I recently purchased brand new. Not sure on exact weight of spring but they definitely feel stiffer than the older ones. Kind of concerns me as our local tracks do the same comparison to stock parts so hopefully they are aware of this.

Back