Predator 212 won't run without choke

Clone19

I recently purchased a used racing go kart it is an older trick with a modified predator 212 the previous owner said he hadn't rode it in over a year or more that it needed new plug and carb cleaned. We have cleaned the carb, jet & emulsion tube multiple times & replaced the spark plug. It will start and run while the choke is on but the motor shuts off as soon as you turn the choke off. If anyone may know what else the problem could be would love the input.. Thanks

Did you pull out the low speed jet and clean it? Take the plastic idle screw all the way out. The low speed jet is below/held in by the idle screw. Be sure it is clean by blowing carb cleaner thru it. Looking from the air cleaner side of the carb, squirt carb cleaner thru the left hand air bleed that feeds the low speed jet and idle circuit. The idle jet is just pressed in the hole with an o-ring around it. It can be pryed/lifted out with a flat screwdriver. Good luck and take care.....

No we didn't I will try that tomorrow thanks for the input I hope that's it ready to ride lol but if u you anyone else may know of anything else I could try if that doesn't work feel free to post thanks to anyone willing to share some advice help is much appreciated

When you remove the plastic low speed jet, you can spray carb cleaner into the port and it should come out thru the left hand air bleed MD speaks of, and if you block that it should spray out of a few tiny holes inside the carburetors bore behind the butterfly. I had one new that sprayed all kinds of aluminum chips out of this circuit and was getting zero fuel at idle before I hosed it out. Oil the little o-ring on the idle jet housing when you slide it back in so it doesn't tear it.

i have done just about everything including replacing carb and this engine (212CC)will NOT run off choke...HELP PLEASE...

i have done just about everything including replacing carb and this engine (212CC)will NOT run off choke...I
Is the air filter clean, change the plug, check timing didn't slip. Could it be the carb you changed is also dirty inside, really sounds like a carb problem.

i have done just about everything including replacing carb and this engine (212CC)will NOT run off choke...HELP PLEASE...
If it wont run off choke i would say a jet is clogged. But since you have changed carbs, now i would look for a fuel delivery problem. Are you running a gas tank on the motor or a fuel pump with a remote tank? .... Basically I don't think you are getting enough fuel.

Back