Predator 212

Dumb question, I think I know the answer though, do I need the black carb insulator that came with the stock carb? Or can I bolt it on with out it and go? Go kart racing

I dont run without them and I have always suspected the can be massaged. Just havent tried it myself. Besides, I like having a smooth sealing area for the flimsy little gaskets, It is also possible I guess they absorb a small bit of engine vibration.

No rules ; then its not needed too fit : the rules.
:::::: this groove ?
Vent / overflow for the float bowel .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221013-082729.png
    Screenshot_20221013-082729.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 14
I

I have seen some that the little groove in it was filled with like epoxy and then sanded down, what is the groove for and it seems like you don't need it in there.
The bowl vents through that groove. If you don't run an insulator you need to vent the bowl a different way.

I think it makes a good transition between the round and D port. Port match it if you aren't restricted by rules.

Engineering:
Fuel bowel needs atmospheric pressure . If it is not vented there it has to be sucking air somewhere else .
I suppose the jets and air bleed can supply enough atmospheric pressure .
Or they have added another vent location .
My assumption is its there so in case of a overflow it directs the fuel down away from the engine thus not starting your log splitter on fire . As well as vent .

I can understand the issue with draining and atmospheric preassure, but could I port match the plastic piece so that the fuel isn't restricted?

Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever seen anyone run a 212/clone carb on any small block motor in rwyb or small block open. They all use bigger carbs- 390 carb, Mikuni, Lectron etc.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever seen anyone run a 212/clone carb on any small block motor in rwyb or small block open. They all use bigger carbs- 390 carb, Mikuni, Lectron etc.
yes I was just going to say if you're running rwyb and show up with a 212 and stock carb the isolator plate is gonna be the least of your concerns.....out to lunch!

Back