Predator 212cc Grinding Problem

Bluesol7

i bought this mini bike with this problem in hopes i could fix it, it makes a loud grinding sound and it engages when the motor kicks without me even touching the throttle, i tried lowering idle speed and it has plenty of oil i posted a video of it on youtube heres the link
im so eager to drive this mini bike but i cant with this problem oh and sometimes it completely shuts off on its own

If it has a bushing type clutch, the bushing is dry/ chain too tight making it bind up and grab.
Can you push it around without it making that grinding sound?

Hi, thank you for the answer. im sorry im so inexperienced with these motors but i just took a video of the clutch and you can see how loose it is i dont know if that might be the problem and you can also see how dry the piece i was touching is do you think ima have to oil it? also i havent tried moving it without pulling the throttle since it has already pulled me three times and im so light but heres the video!
again thank you so much for your help

leave the engine shut off. Try just pushing the bike around. if it makes the grinding noise, the bearing is dry.

Also needs a radius washer behind the clutch to take up some of that slack.

Take the bolt off the end of the crankshaft. Remove clutch being careful to catch square key. Remove snap ring and washer.
Slide clutch drum off clutch sleeve. Watch for washers behind drum.

I think you will find bushing very dry.
Coat inside of bushing with a light film of grease. Too much and will get on clutch surface. Reassemble with all the parts.

Put a washer on the crankshaft first, then the clutch. Make sure to not lose the square key. There should be no slop between clutch anf crankshaft, or it will wear the crankshaft keyway out.

Last edited:
Back