Predator and Honda mix and match

Trendkill

I have a Predator 301cc 8hp engine that I am trying to make work to replace Honda GX270 9hp engine. Problem is with the cluch. We run on asphalt with the Hondas so we use a belt instead of a chain from the wet clutch to the drive tire hub. The Honda's use 3/4" and the Predator uses 1".
What clutch can I use with a 1 inch bore hole that uses a belt instead of chain that is compatible? Also can I use a cheaper clutch that is not "wet" inside of one that is just use little to no oil inside of it?

I have a torque converter that I really would like to try but because we use belts from clutch to tire hub don't know how to bypass using a chain, our axle does not spin just the hub with the tire on it. Also having a hard time lining up the torque converter with the tire hub, does it have to be flush on the engine or can I use spacers of some kind to make it line up?

Is this a racing kart or a yard kart? Race karts dont typically run a torque converter.
Sounds like a one-week drive kart.

I'm sure a few posters will respond to ur questions. There are several 1-inch bore dry clutches available (recommended) or you can machine down the end of your crankshaft to fit a 3/4 clutch if you feel brave.

As far as the belt goes, it gets complicated. Are u using a v-belt or a notched belt? Far easier and cheaper to switch to a chain drive. Plenty of parts available.

Is this a racing kart or a yard kart? Race karts dont typically run a torque converter.
Sounds like a one-week drive kart.

I'm sure a few posters will respond to ur questions. There are several 1-inch bore dry clutches available (recommended) or you can machine down the end of your crankshaft to fit a 3/4 clutch if you feel brave.

As far as the belt goes, it gets complicated. Are u using a v-belt or a notched belt? Far easier and cheaper to switch to a chain drive. Plenty of parts available.
sounds like a mini bike

It's not a mini bike it is a go kart run on smooth concrete with a Honda gx270 9hp but I would like to try a Predator because of the price. I can get 4 predator for 1 honda problem is I got 301cc 8hp instead of the predator212 6.5hp that most people run on go karts. I can not use traditional clutch that people use bc I can not use a chain for the drive tire have to use belt

Still your limited to reducing the shaft size or getting a one inch bore clutch .
Going with the torque converter or using a jackshaft .
Will require modifications and custom made parts .
Actually the belt drive complicates it more .
V belt or tooth type .
Noram clutchs has a variety of industrial type that may work .

It's a notched belt or toothed type of belt.
If the clutch with a 1" bore hole fits inside the case for the original clutch could I use it just run it dry instead of wet, meaning little to no oil inside the clutch case?

I would assume so , dry means dry though .
a toothed 1 inch is going too be a little foot work to find .
Noram , SMC , Hillard and Max torque are several options .
Is this a shriner kart ?

Back