Predator break in

I am going to get a brand new predator 212 hemi today and I am gonna race in the predator class at my local track. What are the break in procedures you guys use?

When is the race tonight ? :)
If I remember correctly one recommend procedure is . Fill with fuel and oil . Start and let idle 5 minutes stop ,let cool completely , look it over for trouble .
Start and run at high idle 5 minutes , stop repeat above .
Do it again one more time change oil and go race .
Others just let it rip .

I have hear of some people breaking them in for a long time and then some who jsut let em idle for 15 mins, So do i do what flattop recommened me to do even though i am not racing till next year?

do it now while it’s clean and dust and dirt free.
I'm on board with oval tech . I let one sit in un-ran condition , the cylinder got rusty .
Along with the springs and pushrods . A seasoned engine i belive has better storage chances . It gets a glaze/ hot oil treatment .
It's a choice you will have too make . Everyone has a different method .
Under a load after intial run in is best . In my opinion .

I always bolt them on use cheapest oil I can run it for hot laps n heat then change to thor lite for feature.

I actually tried something totally off the wall and put one on the kids yard kart. They rode that thing all day every day for 3 months. So far its best motor I have ever had and as of now their breaking in another one for me.

put oil and gas in it pull start it crank it to over 3500 RPM for 30 min. Standard Chevrolet race engine break in tried and true for over 50 years be good if it was hooked to a load somehow but can't see how that would effect the ring seal which is what your after

Back