Predator Bully Clutch Question

DJR

Box stock predator with 6 spring 2 disk bully

On the kart stand the clutch appears to be engaging as the axle rotated quickly. I’ve tried adjusting the springs and weights. Currently I have black springs set at .210 and outside weights. I even put my clone setup clutch on and it does the same thing. Any ideas why this is happening?

I answered this in another thread that you posted.

It sounds like your idle is/was too high and you have since rectified that problem.
Add bolts to the inside holes of your weight levers and you should be set for your application.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
29 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

On the bully with inside and outside bolts should the bolts be faceing the same way or install the outside one way and the inside the other way ? Also dont have spring tester so with installing new black springs how would i set the nut on the springs? If i snug the nut tight how much should i back it off ?

On the bully with inside and outside bolts should the bolts be faceing the same way or install the outside one way and the inside the other way ? Also dont have spring tester so with installing new black springs how would i set the nut on the springs? If i snug the nut tight how much should i back it off ?

I prefer to have the bolts opposite from eachother.

If you have a dial caliper tool, you can use the back side of it to measure spring height

Thanks , dont have a caliber gauge to check it with so i was hope i could get close by just snugging the springs up then backing them off

No.
Calipers are relatively cheap - under $20 on ebay and amazon.
Setting up a clutch without properly checking the spring heights is a sure way to ruin it.

Back