predator carb troubles

bunk

ive got the predator motor 69730 its got a ruixing carb on it and ive put a bsp short header and mini 91 mufflerand a walbro pump but when i took it to a parking lot to test it out the carb started leaking around the plate that seperates it from the motor it doesnt die out unless i let it idle for a minute then it wont crank unless i turn the gas off and pull on it for a minute then it cranks and i cut the gas back on and ride it ive taken the bowl off numerous times and the jet just to make sure they arent stopped up but i put it back on and ride it and it starts again....any suggestions?

If the bowl o-ring was leaking, it would be leaking from around the bowl, not from the vent on the insulator plate. Every time i have had a carb leak in that area behind the carb, it was dirt in the float needle causing the float to stick, like Kart43 said. Take the bowl off, carefully remove the pin holding the float and remove float assembly, blow out the needle seat and the needle/spring with carb cleaner then again with compressed air, do this with the carb off the engine. And while your at it, go ahead and spray out the rest of the carb air holes and orifices and clean them good also, blow out with compressed air also. The cleaner will clean it, the compressed air will blow it dry and remove any dirt that the carb cleaner missed.

Sorry because the carb is angled when the bowl leaks it flows down the plastic insulator. It has fooled many people it is common when the bowl is overtightened and the bowl becomes warped.

Back