Predator changes again

Renegade

Opened up a new out of the box Predator #69730 today. Guess what we found, every single part was exactly the same as every 69730 before except the head assembly. This thing has a new head design with enormous ports, 27mm intake valve, 25mm exhaust valve and believe it or not automotive type spring retainers!! Also the valve stem is only 5mm (.196") instead of the normal 5.5mm. There are now 4 different versions of the 69730 engine that we have seen.

Opened up a new out of the box Predator #69730 today. Guess what we found, every single part was exactly the same as every 69730 before except the head assembly. This thing has a new head design with enormous ports, 27mm intake valve, 25mm exhaust valve and believe it or not automotive type spring retainers!! Also the valve stem is only 5mm (.196") instead of the normal 5.5mm. There are now 4 different versions of the 69730 engine that we have seen.

Are you serious??

How do you tell which number predators you have, is the part number like Renegade listed above located somewhere on the box so we can tell which one we are getting before buying them?

How do you tell which number predators you have, is the part number like Renegade listed above located somewhere on the box so we can tell which one we are getting before buying them?

Opened up a new out of the box Predator #69730 today......on the side of the box where the specs are is where you will find this number

As I have stated several times these engine manufacturers will have to change to meet the EPA standards or they will not be imported. Wait until someone posts "I bought a new " xxxxxx Clone" today and it won't rev past 3600RPM what's wrong. They will equip them with digital coils to control timing and RPM, you will see different mufflers, catalytic convertors, thicker castings, more nylon cam gears, changed carberators etc.

Could you see any difference on the outside of the box, or is it the same packaging????

Every marking, spec and picture is the same. Even the sticker on the blower cover is identical in every way. the only way to tell without removing the valve cover is the casting number on the head. this one says RTC-6.

Every marking, spec and picture is the same. Even the sticker on the blower cover is identical in every way. the only way to tell without removing the valve cover is the casting number on the head. this one says RTC-6.

Wow....worms do come in different colors....and cans!

Are you going to dyno it? Tear it all the way down? You got me curious..LOL

Think I figered it out.

Attachments

• 2013-12-05 11.03.54 (2) (600x800).jpg
    2013-12-05 11.03.54 (2) (600x800).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 399
Back