Predator chassis?

I was also told it was a ultramax copy??? But i doubt it
No they were around early 2000 the owner then was out of one of the Carolina's, then it was bought out by guy's in Ohio, then Pa to a different owner, then to Barry till like 2012 and he just gave it up. I've had like 8 of them over the years great chassis for here in Pa very forgiving easy to work with, If you need set up info for a certain class I can get ya close.

No they were around early 2000 the owner then was out of one of the Carolina's, then it was bought out by guy's in Ohio, then Pa to a different owner, then to Barry till like 2012 and he just gave it up. I've had like 8 of them over the years great chassis for here in Pa very forgiving easy to work with, If you need set up info for a certain class I can get ya close.
We will be running jr3 either flathead or clone depending on the tracks engine rules

Late 90s I bought a used predator kart, it was a large tube 1 3/8 chassis duplicated after the banshee it was a great kart, in 1999 I called and spoke to the owner don’t remember his name but from what I recall he worked for phantom then started his own business Predator karts and racing engines, I then ordered a 1 1/4 chassis same design as the previous, and in 2000 the adjustable hiem front end came along and ordered it, he was an older gentleman always answer his phone and gave good advice, I’d have to look up an old invoice to see if his name was on it something like Bill, of course as we know it got passed along, wish I could locate that big tube banshee look alike, they weren’t named or numbered that I can remember

I am looking for starting setup info for the Predator chassis I just bought. I will be running the Adult 375lbs LO206 class. Here are some pictures. if you can tell what year it is, that would be nice to know.

Attachments

• IMG_5410.JPG
    IMG_5410.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5411.JPG
    IMG_5411.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5412.JPG
    IMG_5412.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Memory Ain't what it used to be So let me do some research , A local guy here in Pa used to be a dealer of those chassis and he also did Graphics I'm pretty certain that Predator Logo was his design and his connection only lasted like 2 yrs maybe, I'm thinking around 2005 to 2007 But the Yellow X Whatever on the Tubing would be the model and they were later like 2010 ish , Regardless if we can't figure out the exact year I'll be able to get ya some starting numbers ,
Where are you from , and do you remember who you bought it from .

there was a predator chassis in the mid ninties that was made of stainless if my memory serves me correctly.

Memory Ain't what it used to be So let me do some research , A local guy here in Pa used to be a dealer of those chassis and he also did Graphics I'm pretty certain that Predator Logo was his design and his connection only lasted like 2 yrs maybe, I'm thinking around 2005 to 2007 But the Yellow X Whatever on the Tubing would be the model and they were later like 2010 ish , Regardless if we can't figure out the exact year I'll be able to get ya some starting numbers ,
That's a 2011 predator x11 chassis. I still have a setup you gave me for jr3 of the same year of chassis. Only issue I see that may effect the setup numbers is that it looks like they have treads on it. Also there is only 1 shop I know of to get some parts for this chassis which is jc specialty.

That's a 2011 predator x11 chassis. I still have a setup you gave me for jr3 of the same year of chassis. Only issue I see that may effect the setup numbers is that it looks like they have treads on it. Also there is only 1 shop I know of to get some parts for this chassis which is jc specialty.
Cool , your correct about J.C s for parts But if you need them it's not like your not going to get a hold of anyone and your going to receive first class service . The numbers I gave you for Jr 3 worked well ?

Cool , your correct about J.C s for parts But if you need them it's not like your not going to get a hold of anyone and your going to receive first class service . The numbers I gave you for Jr 3 worked well ?
They worked well for my son. But he is 100 lbs soaking wet so we were able to dial it in on the numbers with lead. In fact we pulled the kart apart over the winter so we will be rescaling the kart again soon. We are going to try to use the same setup numbers for clone lite and medium as the boy is getting to old to run with jrs. Thank you again.

I live in Hudson WI, I bought it in Eau Claire, WI, can't remember the guys name.
I have it setup close to the number on Post #6.
My numbers are 56 % left, 45 % nose, 62 % cross, 2.75 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber
I am running treaded tires
Thanks!

Last edited:
I live in Hudson WI, I bought it in Eau Claire, WI, can't remember the guys name.
I have it setup close to the number on Post #6.
My numbers are 56 % left, 45 % nose, 62 % cross, 2.75 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber
I am running treaded tires
Thanks!
On Slicks you would need more nose and Left for 375 lb class , On Treads I don't have any experience Nor Info to comment, So I'd say start where your at and go from there, and If handling is off Or your chasing RPMs, or just slow first thing I'd look to would be the tires , to the point of even bolting a set of slicks on if allowed ,
Good Luck !!

Back