Predator class.

hotwheelz

What kinda mods are needed to a predator motor in order to race. I was thinking about trying the predator class but have no idea where to start. Is their and benefits over the clone class? Thanks

Ask the track you plan to run about rules. Here at my local track it is a 5200 rpm rule and no mods at all. Take it out of box bolt chain guard on,add clutch and go racing

You know the funny thing is I just built a predator for a guy who runs a claimer class down south.
He came to me looking for a better motor in the said claimer class.
I built him one and it showed serious promise, then he disappeared and wont answer any text or messaging now I am stuck with this fire breather and no proof that I built a better motor...

My point is
NUMBER 1 I have a claimer engine for sale that is all cheated up
NUMBER 2 You may want to listen to what pooreboysracing is saying because if its a rule like 5200 rpm and you show up with something like what I built at 6600+, you will stand out like a sore thumb.

The nice thing is that because its a claimer class, the cost is lower.
The bad thing is that it seems like alot of those guys will build bombs and just blow them up without even caring.

What kinda mods are needed to a predator motor in order to race. I was thinking about trying the predator class but have no idea where to start. Is their and benefits over the clone class? Thanks
at the moment less cost.
This could change if people start working them to be better than out of the box.

I have a brand new clone taht i am going to sell to get a predator, can I use my clutch, mount and what about oil type and clutches ? Do i need to add anything to it ?

I am asking $325 for the claimer engine. (trust me it is not a box stock piece, see the video listed below and you will hear the difference)

It currently has no bolt on parts for that price but I do have all the parts on order or here and they will be here no later than Tuesday if you would like a complete package.
I can be gotten ahold of by phone at 262-347-7498 email danieltroyan@yahoo.com or through Facebook at www.facebook.com/childishconcepts

There is a video of the engine running on facebook with a weiner pipe on it.

I have a brand new clone taht i am going to sell to get a predator, can I use my clutch, mount and what about oil type and clutches ? Do i need to add anything to it ?

Yes you can use the same clutch that you had for your clone. Also can use the same motor mount.
As far as what type clutch, people are successful using disk clutches as well as shoe clutches. Note that if your Predator class rules limit rpm you may need to readjust your clone clutch to suit.
You may want to add a tooth or two to the clutch gear (depending on your track and overall weight) if your Predator class limits rpm.

Unless your track rules say otherwise, you can use the same oil as you used for your clone. However, break in your Predator until it is sealing well before you switch from petroleum oil to synthetic oil in it. My local tracks limit rpm (require the original working governor) and with that I am having no trouble using regular petroleum oil.

You will probably have to modify your chain guard to fit the Predator, if it was originally designed for a clone. The front mounting bolt is in a different place, requiring you to drill a new hole and possibly shave off some extra metal around the original front hole (to provide better clearance for the clutch gear).

Back