Predator/Clone Carb Building

I am surprised that there isn’t anyone who answered his question this way: of all the builders and carb guys in this sport if there were any one thing in the carb that would stand out above and beyond what we currently have, we would have it by now. Secrets in this sport only last for a short time. For instance cam profiles. Individual builders have their own cams for house engines. Those cams end up being found out. Carbs are no different. Only difference is cams have been exposed but there is nothing to expose about carbs

WP . Pretty well laid it out .
Fuel is pushed out of the bowel into the air stream , via positive pressue on the fuel and negative pressure in the throttle bore

I am surprised that there isn’t anyone who answered his question this way: of all the builders and carb guys in this sport if there were any one thing in the carb that would stand out above and beyond what we currently have, we would have it by now. Secrets in this sport only last for a short time. For instance cam profiles. Individual builders have their own cams for house engines. Those cams end up being found out. Carbs are no different. Only difference is cams have been exposed but there is nothing to expose about carbs
I agree, with the exception of it does take specific tools to do some of the work on carbs that's needed and not everyone is willing to spend the money on them. No, they're not tremendously expensive, and most of the time it's easier, even cheaper, to just buy an already built carb. I'm just not one of those people...I have both the money, facilities, time and willingness to take on the extra work to do it myself. It's kind of like cams in that aspect, with the exception of I'm not going to buy the equipment to grind my own cams (or cranks). Carbs...yeah, I will do that.

Honestly I think there are people who are assuming I'm hoping for someone to give me all their notes and whatnot on the work they've done to get a high performing carb....I'm not. All I asked for was the basic literature on the carbs and why changing one thing will impact another....not what the results are. I'm well aware I'm going to have to figure that out for myself.

Just as a slight update...I did find a book that's currently on order I think is going to point me in the right direction. Once I get it and see the full content I'll let everyone know what it is, assuming it's what I'm looking for.

Back