Predator cutting out after a few laps

jbrooks02

I’m running a bone stock predator on a small asphalt track. After a few laps wide open it starts cutting out. Filled it up with fuel and it took it alittle longer to start cutting out but the cutting out wasn’t quite as bad. Any ideas on what’s going on? When you hold the gas down on the stand it doesn’t sound like it surges as it should just kinda sounds like it’s busting out real bad around 5300RPM.
All the plugs on front of motor are unplugged. I have holes drilled in gas cap as well.
Motor is brand new.

Last edited:
I’m running a bone stock predator on a small asphalt track. After a few laps wide open it starts cutting out. Filled it up with fuel and it took it alittle longer to start cutting out but the cutting out wasn’t quite as bad. Any ideas on what’s going on? When you hold the gas down on the stand it doesn’t sound like it surges as it should just kinda sounds like it’s busting out real bad around 5300RPM.
All the plugs on front of motor are unplugged. I have holes drilled in gas cap as well.
Motor is brand new.
Same thing happened to us, we cleaned the carb, made sure everything was as it “should be”, talked to a few around the track that had the same problem and they said to change the coil...changed the coil and all was fine after that.

Assuming youre running the stock tank, the vent hole in the gas cap needs to be enlarged. Most racing groups allow 1/8 inch hole.

Same thing happened to us, we cleaned the carb, made sure everything was as it “should be”, talked to a few around the track that had the same problem and they said to change the coil...changed the coil and all was fine after that.
where can you get a coil from?

Not sure about stock but if you are using a billet flywheel is says the minimum is .030 couldn't find the stock gap but if you look on a detailed spec list for a predator 212 online you can probably find the gap somewhere

Back