Predator fuel flow/carb

Komet99

I got a used Predator recently. It had been sitting up for about a year. Figured the carb was gummed and upon taking it apart, I was correct. Jets and fuel valve are cleaned. I have one question. How much fuel is supposed to flow with the float down? With the bowl off and the float/needle out, its only dripping twice a second. Shouldnt there be a trickle there??

I pushed a small drill bit without twisting in the seat valve. Seemed to go in there pretty far. The passages in the shut-off valve are super tiny. It will still flow heavily with those or am I missing something??

I have never had to clean mine .
What I would do and what i recommend might be two different things .
New carb is cheap .
Now if the hole was small enlarging it would be a solution which could nessicitate
The new carb .
A drop of fuel every couple seconds though seems insufficient .
A slight flow seems what i remember .
Tank and line clean with good venting .

If its your log splitter there may be enough fuel .
All thats required is it fill the bowl .
Once full maintain that level .

Got it running last night. Surges, wont run off choke, only ran for a couple seconds. Tried it again, adjusted the choke to get the surge out...it ran a little longer until milky oil blew out of the valve cover vent hose. Ohhh yay...its been sitting in the rain for some period of time.

Considered donating it to a racing fund as I have a few karts laying around. But decided to completely write it off as splitter ready before I do the race stuff to it.

To be continued....

No . There may be subtile jetting difference's . Nothing to be concerned with for a log splitter .
Your idle jet is likely plugged .
Black plastic thing under the idle screw .
The jet is in the bottom of it , not the big horizontal holes .

Drained the oil and put a fresh mix in. Cleaned out the Low speed jet. Still surges, but not as bad. Bought another carb.

I remembered yesterday that when I first put the motor on, the hydrualic pump wouldnt fit, so I cut 1/2" off the end of the crank. Most likely wont be suited for a kart clutch of whatever type.

Back