Predator Gearing 1/12 (williamston)

I’m back again looking for gearing help!

Going to be running williamston next month (indoor race) looking for advice on gear ratio for predator. Running mini gears and probably 1.5 stagger front and rear. 375 and 400 weight class.

I was told clones are usually around 13/64 if that helps. I feel I read some info on how to compare the two but I cannot find that thread.

There are a couple threads comparing STOCK predator to clone, basically in the end it depends on how well track grips up and the amount of momentum available , for a track making high grip max momentum predator will be 4 teeth bigger on front driver real close same rear gear, more in general average predator ends up 3 teeth bigger on front driver 1 or 2 less on the rear, real small tracks, average grip may be only 2 front drivers bigger 1 or 2 less on rear gear, with predator try to start safely a little less than needed because if you start gear bound by the time you figure it out your day is shot, based on your info of pretty small track, Sr clone on 13/64 for STOCK predator I'd start around 13/50 to target 4800 rpm and go from there, with the mini gears I'd try to end up racing on as close to a 48 rear gear adjusting the front accordingly, meaning IF with the 13 driver you would need a 52 to race instead of doing that I'd run a 12/48. This info should get you close but by no means is tried and true as I've never been there, so by all means IF you get solid advise you feel is solid from someone that has raced there with proven results go with it.

Good Luck !!

There are a couple threads comparing STOCK predator to clone, basically in the end it depends on how well track grips up and the amount of momentum available , for a track making high grip max momentum predator will be 4 teeth bigger on front driver real close same rear gear, more in general average predator ends up 3 teeth bigger on front driver 1 or 2 less on the rear, real small tracks, average grip may be only 2 front drivers bigger 1 or 2 less on rear gear, with predator try to start safely a little less than needed because if you start gear bound by the time you figure it out your day is shot, based on your info of pretty small track, Sr clone on 13/64 for STOCK predator I'd start around 13/50 to target 4800 rpm and go from there, with the mini gears I'd try to end up racing on as close to a 48 rear gear adjusting the front accordingly, meaning IF with the 13 driver you would need a 52 to race instead of doing that I'd run a 12/48. This info should get you close but by no means is tried and true as I've never been there, so by all means IF you get solid advise you feel is solid from someone that has raced there with proven results go with it.

Good Luck !!
Thank you again for your help it is much appreciated!!! You gave me gearing advice previously and it was damn close.

Back