Predator Gearing at Liberty Park Raceway NC

Michael13

Ok I recently entered this class at Liberty. 0.2 mile.
I ran last week on 19/55 that only turned me 4300rpm During practice and showed somewhat competitiveness. now I have read on here that we should try to turn about 4900. So geared up to a 19/57 and we hit the governor During qualifying.
So in the main we went back down to 19/55, the track got faster as usual and we hit the govern again.
Ok my questions are:
- keep lowering gear so that I don’t govern out and keep that roll speed.
- or should I still try to turn up 4900.
5500 is the on stand max rpm.
can someone help and am I asking the right question.
I bought this miter used and was told us was made ready to go by “Leggs”. Now immediately hearing that I felt comfortable that it is a decent motor and the guy showed me his first place stickers he had with it.

thank you in advance

Last edited:
I ran last week on 19/55 that only turned me 4300rpm During practice and showed somewhat competitiveness. now I have read on here that we should try to turn about 4900. So geared up to a 19/57 and we hit the governor During qualifying.
So in the main we went back down to 19/55, the track got faster as usual and we hit the govern again.
Ok my questions are:
I bought this miter used and was told us was made ready to go by “Leggs”. Now immediately hearing that I felt comfortable that it is a decent motor and the guy showed me his first place stickers he had with it.

thank you in advance
I'd call him first

Ok my questions are:

thank you in advance
Adjust the throttle stop screw out to 5200 on the stand. Will keep you under max rpm but off the governor.

Back