Predator gearing help

If there's a kart track out there racing predators that a 13 front driver is correct for I've never seen it, unless your using mini gears of course.
Your 10 teeth off for sure, then consider your so gear bound now you may pick up rpm as you pull teeth.
2 Brothers Raceway , adult 385# class runs a 13 driver . Track is banked and is just over 1/10 mile bullring . They may go up on driver this year tho , more grip in the track , or at least I hope I am giving them more .

2 Brothers Raceway , adult 385# class runs a 13 driver . Track is banked and is just over 1/10 mile bullring . They may go up on driver this year tho , more grip in the track , or at least I hope I am giving them more .
How big on the rear were they with the 13 driver

How big on the rear were they with the 13 driver
Not sure , but I think 60 to 64 I believe . I will know more after we get our first race in on the 6th . The track will be green , so it depends on what happens . I have a Burris only rule for most of my classes , but these guys have an open tire rule .

where are you getting these numbers? have you put the engine on a dyno? peak torque at 4900??????? that is a little crazy when a peak torque on a built clone is 3600. on a box stock peak hp is around 3750-4000 rpm range. did you change the cam?
The engines have been dynoed by the builder and thats what the sheets say.

The engines have been dynoed by the builder and thats what the sheets say.
OP was asking about 'box stock" and looks to be new to karting. Adding to the conversation built predator numbers confuses the situation, especially to beginners. I sure would like to see that dyno sheet where it says peak torque at 4900 you can just say I'm from Missouri

OP was asking about 'box stock" and looks to be new to karting. Adding to the conversation built predator numbers confuses the situation, especially to beginners. I sure would like to see that dyno sheet where it says peak torque at 4900 you can just say I'm from Missouri
My mistake by confusing him. I also contacted the engine builder to verify I've been given the correct dyno sheet. This "new guy" just might have been given bad info.

Last edited:
Now say you have a predator indoors on coke syrup how would the gear ratios look then ? I’m sure one of you guys have herd of battle at the barn in Des Moines Iowa I was just curious cause

Now say you have a predator indoors on coke syrup how would the gear ratios look then ? I’m sure one of you guys have herd of battle at the barn in Des Moines Iowa I was just curious cause
A Stock predator you cannot turn over 5000 rpm for sure , and they have no H.P compared to the Blue printed Clone , So there is NO ratio to even get close , If Sr Clone is say 12 / 65 the predator will always be a MIN 2 front drivers bigger and that's tracks with little to no grip , Place like Hunterstown balls to the walls griped up really good 100 % full momentum , Sr CLone 13 / 52 , 14/55, Predator is a 19 / 57

A Stock predator you cannot turn over 5000 rpm for sure , and they have no H.P compared to the Blue printed Clone , So there is NO ratio to even get close , If Sr Clone is say 12 / 65 the predator will always be a MIN 2 front drivers bigger and that's tracks with little to no grip , Place like Hunterstown balls to the walls griped up really good 100 % full momentum , Sr CLone 13 / 52 , 14/55, Predator is a 19 / 57
Thank you for the reply !

Back