predator governor

Anyone know which hole will help the governor from kicking in as quick?

We run a 5500 rpm rule with governor hooked up.

The problem I'm having is I need to have my screw set at 5400 plus to keep it from engaging the governor on the track.

It's kicking in at 4800 on track and killing your run, our other engine on ran 5100 on tack without shutting off.

I want to stay within our rules but still be able to run 49-5000ish without shutting off

Any info would be great, Thanks!

Attachments

• predator 2.jpg
    predator 2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 73
You should be able to remove the Phillips head adjusting screw and spring that is attached with it. Stretch the spring and put it back on. This will give you extra tension on the screw so you can back it out further without it working its way out from vibration. I do this all the time and have no problem getting 5400. Another trick is to tie two coils together on the big spring.

You should be able to remove the Phillips head adjusting screw and spring that is attached with it. Stretch the spring and put it back on. This will give you extra tension on the screw so you can back it out further without it working its way out from vibration. I do this all the time and have no problem getting 5400. Another trick is to tie two coils together on the big spring.

I'll start with that. Thanks Don

I double up on my springs, will prevent gov from kicking in at all. use the limiting screw to set max rpms. both springs hook up at the stock mounting point, one all the way in on the arm and one all the way out on the arm.. neither have tension on them when its at idle.

Back