Predator Help

33x

Not a predator guy, but is it right that hemi predator's can take clone parts, cam's etc, but the regular steel valve cover one's can't? Thanks guys

Correct
Clone cams
Top plates
side covers as well as multiple other things work on a hemi and a clone. Although the non hemis are different cam and stuff.

Last edited:
The tapers on the hemi and clone cranks are way different. Non hemi and clone tapers arent exactly the same but flywheels will interchange.

Ok, thanks guys I was mainly thinking cam's, got a hemi that set for awhile and won't run, going to get into it, got some clone parts motors but no predator's... thought I seen parts would interchange bit wasn't for sure, thanks again

Ok, thanks guys I was mainly thinking cam's, got a hemi that set for awhile and won't run, going to get into it, got some clone parts motors but no predator's... thought I seen parts would interchange bit wasn't for sure, thanks again
its a little confusing, the hemi takes clone parts but not the flywheel, like was said above, the hemi has a different taper, I never tried to lap a clone flywheel in on a hemi crank.

The tapers on the hemi and clone cranks are way different. Non hemi and clone tapers arent exactly the same but flywheels will interchange.
However, flywheel tapers are designed for the correct mating parts. Using a flywheel that isn’t designed for another application could be hazardous to one’s safety.

However, flywheel tapers are designed for the correct mating parts. Using a flywheel that isn’t designed for another application could be hazardous to one’s safety.

I always went by that too, until I saw a Dyno Cam flywheel that caught my eye. They offered 2 models, a hemi flywheel and a clone flywheel, not one for the non hemi I wanted one for. So, I called them, asked if they had a non hemi flywheel too, and was told they use the clone flywheel on the non hemi cranks, no problems. So here we are.

As a builder I would never send one out my door to a customer. Be just my luck to get a lawer after me. “ judge asks: “why did you send that engine to the guy with a flywheel that wasn’t designed for that engine? “. Me: “ because the internet said it was ok to do so”. Judge: “ sorry, Mr. Gordner you are now liable for all their injuries.”

As a builder I would never send one out my door to a customer. Be just my luck to get a lawer after me. “ judge asks: “why did you send that engine to the guy with a flywheel that wasn’t designed for that engine? “. Me: “ because the internet said it was ok to do so”. Judge: “ sorry, Mr. Gordner you are now liable for all their injuries.”
Which is why tracks shouldn't be doing pre-tech and for sure not be putting a little sticker on that says passed safety check.

Back