Predator hemi 212

dougmag86

I have a predator hemi 212 with a VM22 a .010 head gasket and 18# springs no governor. After I put the 18# springs in it it will run great for about 5 min then it will start bogging on acceleration and then will stall out when you step on the gas and it's hard to start for a little bit then it will start and run with the choke on. Not sure what's going. Anybody have any idea it acts like it's running out of gas.

Are you using a fuel pump, or the original tank?

Sounds like a tank vent issue.
Remove the fuel cap after it quits. If it runs normally after that, you need more vent.

This is a very common issue for the original predator 212 tanks.
We blow out the guts on that valve on the rear of the tank, put a fuel filter on it with a tiny piece of hose. To do this, Grab the valve with a pair of vice grips and we smashed the guts out with a screwdriver and hammer. And reinstall it.

2nd, larger i.d. fuel line will hold a little more before the carb which gave us a peace of mind, that stock stuff is microscopic. But with this you need to zip tie the new, larger line off of the cylinder jug, to the pull cord side cover. Again zip it away from the motor, TO the pull cord side over. (Please see comments below)

3rd if you're engine is at an angle, the outlet is on the rear, as in the high side of the tank. Anything under a 1/4 tank won't make it to the hose.
We put a few washers under the front of the tank between the mounting studs. To raise the front of the tank.

I only say all of this because just drilling a cap hole did not work for us. Doing everything you keeps that fuel insurance cheap

Last edited:
This is a very common issue for the original predator 212 tanks.
We blow out the guts on that valve on the rear of the tank, put a fuel filter on it with a tiny piece of hose. To do this, Grab the valve with a pair of vice grips and we smashed the guts out with a screwdriver and hammer. And reinstall it.

2nd, larger i.d. fuel line. But with this you need to zip tie the line off of the cylinder jug, to the pull cord side cover. Again zip it away from the motor, TO the pull cord side over.

3rd if you're engine is at an angle, the outlet is on the rear, as in the high side of the tank. Anything under a 1/4 tank won't make it to the hose.
We put a few washers under the front of the tank between the mounting studs. To raise the front of the tank.

I only say all of this because just drilling a cap hole did not work for us. Doing everything you keeps that fuel insurance cheap
Larger fuel line doesn’t do anything when it’s already reduced going into the carb.

Larger fuel line doesn’t do anything when it’s already reduced going into the carb.
Appreciate the advice. I will look into this more. I was just doing everything possible when it came to this issue. It drove us crazy, because clearly, im not an expert lol. I don't want to give bad advice and make people work harder than they have to. Thanks again!

Back