predator hemi rpm issue

I have yet to have a hemi turn over 5300 out of the box on my dyno.. they float the valves ..needs valve springs
I have 2 hemis and even with the spring zip tied they float at 5280 on one of the little cheap tacs with a wire that wraps around the plug wire. So without a zip tie, which is probably illegal, what is a person to do?

I have 2 hemis and even with the spring zip tied they float at 5280 on one of the little cheap tacs with a wire that wraps around the plug wire. So without a zip tie, which is probably illegal, what is a person to do?
Have you raced it ? Rpm on the stand is not winning races .
Do you have an rpm rule ?

Have you raced it ? Rpm on the stand is not winning races .
Do you have an rpm rule ?
Only twice so far. But I didn’t have that little tac hooked up. Trying to get the chassis close and get on the right tires before I throw any money at a mycron or digitron. And yes there are rpm rules

Only twice so far. But I didn’t have that little tac hooked up. Trying to get the chassis close and get on the right tires before I throw any money at a mycron or digitron. And yes there are rpm rules
But you are using a cheap tach getting RPM readings ?

I only had one out of a dozen motors that would free rev over 5400 on the stand most are at 5100... On the track we won races at 48 to 4900 rpms ... if you get a weak one take it back and go get another one it will be cheaper than screwing with the rules to obtain the magic 5500 .. leave this class alone ,,... lets not spoil a good thing like they did with the clone class when they went from 300 to 1200 dollars... allowing this ,that and the other thing . this is now the biggest class going on a weekly local track basis . lets keep it that way !

If the governor arm is opening the carb wide open that is all your going to get out of that motor without mods! If its not opening the carb wide open then adjusting the shaft will help. But as many have already said and from experience 47-4900 is all it needs to turn on the track, over that they start floating out and sound like there going to fly apart.

Back