Predator Hemi Stock Main Jet

.0 28" to .0 31" is a 22.57% increase in area. Can I ask why such a big change?
Could be the difference in restriction in air box and muffler.
Or different air bleed sizes.
Or differences in manufacturing methods. Or just tolerance range. (it costs money to hold extremely tight tolerances.)

one i bought last month has .026
That is a small jet, it would be a #66 never saw one of these size engines even Honda have one that small. The smallest I ever saw was #68 in a GX140 about 25 years ago and that is .027" Most will have #70 or #72 jets

The motor was bought in September of this year. Is the sized stamped on the jet and if so is it in metric units?

The problem I have is I tried to remove the jet to clean the carb (bad idea I guess now) and it damaged the slot where the screwdriver goes so I can only see the top half of what looks like 2 numbers. The numbers look like the top half of a 7. If it is metric then 0.77 mm would equal 0.030 inches.

Do I need to just buy a new carb? If so how do I get the right carb for this motor?

Thanks

It sounds to me like your screwdriver may have been to wide and wouldn't let it reach all the way to the slot in the jet. If so, grind the side of the screwdriver off just a bit so that it travels all the way to the jet. Also, if you have a sharp edge on the screwdriver that fits the slot in the jet, you will round the slot off. Flatten the end of the screwdriver just a little and put extreme pressure on it while trying to unscrew it. Good luck

The jet is so damaged that I cannot get it out of the carb. I am concerned that some of the brass may be lodged in the orifice. Where can I get another stock carb?

Thanks

Yeah we have the OEM original SP carbs in stock..
704-485-2020.... send it Postal at approx 5-6 bucks for shipping..

That is a small jet, it would be a #66 never saw one of these size engines even Honda have one that small. The smallest I ever saw was #68 in a GX140 about 25 years ago and that is .027" Most will have #70 or #72 jets
Yeah i was a bit surprised, def to lean and kept overheating. ended up drilling it out to big so went and bought a .036 and .038 jet and am currently running the 38 just fine with a honda emulsion tube. have 3 more motors but havent bothered to check them, just slapping a .038 in them

Yeah i was a bit surprised, def to lean and kept overheating. ended up drilling it out to big so went and bought a .036 and .038 jet and am currently running the 38 just fine with a honda emulsion tube. have 3 more motors but havent bothered to check them, just slapping a .038 in them
Just saying Honda Emulsion tube does not mean much, as th Gx200 had at least 4 part #'s and the 160 and 140 tubes all fit and are different configurations.

Back