Predator Hemi throttle linkage connection

CrashEZ

I am running box stock Predator Hemi with the governor, stock carb, and stock gas tank intact. Is it better to hook the throttle linkage straight up to the carb like we did on the flatheads, or should I try to route it to the throttle control lever on top of the engine? The tracks I run at don't seem to care either way as long as you don't modify anything else on the engine. So wasn't sure if one way is better over other in making sure your getting throttle opened up completely. Thanks!

Several manufacturers make a linkage bracket for the predator, but I’ve found that if your on an RPM rule, you will fin inconsistency with the brackets, I prefers to mount my throttle line to the throttle arm with the stock flat plate on the carb linkage

Several manufacturers make a linkage bracket for the predator, but I’ve found that if your on an RPM rule, you will fin inconsistency with the brackets, I prefers to mount my throttle line to the throttle arm with the stock flat plate on the carb linkage
Thanks for the info.

Could you send me a picture of your throttle set up? I have been trying to use the linkage bracket set up and an having no luck getting full throttle.

I bought one the linkage set up like you are talking about. You may e right about the rpm part. We are on a 5500 rpm on the stand. I had it set here at he house in the 5450. I ran the first heat and decided to check it. I was at 5600 on the stand. I kept adjusting the throttle stop screw and was at 5200 rpm so i went with that. My highest rpm for the main was 4586. I am going to fool with it a little more.

Do you know why it would be inconsistent? I put a new hemi on my kart. I am running the governor. I need to figure out how to adjust it. I asked if there is a thread on here.

Seems like most of the videos on you tube are talking about removing it or tieing it back.
I do think I am going back with the throttle cable and stock type hook up on the throttle plate.

I see what you mean. I have the governor with half the spring wired and the spring in the hole it came in. Linkage not hooked up. With the throttle stop screw adjustment I can work it by hand and I am at 5300. I said I will go ahead and hook the linkage up and adjust the accelerator pedal to the stop. Rpm is lower now down around 5000 with more surge with linkage hook up. It is opening it up but rpm is down.
I may look at using the throttle cable to the original plate. It just doesn't seem like it lines up very well.

Back