Predator Mystery

astrowrench

"PREDATOR 212 cc", a Harbor Freight label, has been manufactured by several different manufacturers, the most common being Chongqing Rato Power Co. with the Model R210 and Model R210-III. A second manufacturer is

Loncin Motor Co LTD, with model 210FA. Loncin parts for the most part WILL NOT Fit the Chonqing Rato Predator motors.
so far I have touched many 69730 engines the 2012 year model says Lifan
Chongqing Rato Power Co. the 2013 dated model says Loncin and the 60363 is a Loncin; the 69727 is Calif. only and I have no clue who makes that one also one more thing that I forgot there is a series 1 and series 2 #60363 differences in head casting

A little more Info

"PREDATOR 212 cc", a Harbor Freight label, has been manufactured by several different manufacturers, the most common being Chongqing Rato Power Co. with the Model R210 and Model R210-III. A second manufacturer is

Loncin Motor Co LTD, with model 210FA. Loncin parts for the most part WILL NOT Fit the Chonqing Rato Predator motors.
so far I have touched many 69730 engines the 2012 year model says Lifan
Chongqing Rato Power Co. the 2013 dated model says Loncin and the 60363 is a Loncin; the 69727 is Calif. only and I have no clue who makes that one also one more thing that I forgot there is a series 1 and series 2 #60363 differences in head casting
More Info...... LIFAN began in China in 1991 as a small engine R&D Company with nine employees. One of its first customers was Honda, which LIFAN helped redesign and engineer the GX Series of engines. Our manufacturing process is much like that of Honda and we utilize many of the same outsourced suppliers of parts. Therefore, many of our parts are interchangeable with the GX Series of engines. LIFAN has now grown to over 14,000 employees with three separate divisions – the Power Sports Division, Power Equipment Division, and the Automobile Division. This company is a prime engine manufacturer with the core business in the Power Equipment Division being small gasoline and diesel engines. It is now one of the largest small engine manufacturers in Asia, building more than five million engines per year.

LIFAN is unmatched in its investment in research and development. This focus ensures quality engines, generators, pressure washers, and other equipment powered by our engines at an extraordinary value, making it truly “The Best Value in Today’s Equipment Market.” LIFAN presently holds over 3000 patents and continues to be an innovator in this industry. LIFAN offers value-driven products worldwide with distributions in over 100 countries. LIFAN is the largest privately owned company in China with sales in excess of one billion dollars annually. LIFAN Power USA prides itself in standing behind all LIFAN products with a comprehensive One-Year Commercial Warranty and a very comprehensive Three-Year Residential Use Warranty.

Add a twist:

When I first saw the RATO ( before the predator 212 it was in Canada on a trash pump ) I did some research and found the factory had a Briggs and Straton connection

Chongqing Rato is a holding company with many subsidiary manufacturing plants located in the same city as Lifan main plant "Chongqing"

I have only ever seen the line that Honda was a customer of Lifan on the US website. Seeing as the GX has been around relatively unchanged since 1983 I wonder what role they would have played in 1991. It was not long before Honda was not so friendly with them over the Hongda.

Back