predator pulse fitting issue

Mike Taylor

I am new to the Predator box stock racing. Raced Mac 101's years ago. Need some advice on installing the pulse fitting in my valve cover on a non-hemi Predator. i am using a 1/4" x 1/4" brass barbed fitting. When I drilled into the valve cover, i hit some type of round disc. Not sure what it is. I removed the disc and installed the barb fitting and attached the tubing to my fuel pump. I haven't tried to start the engine yet. Just curious if anyone else has ran into this with their valve cover.

Thanks to all that participate in this forum. It has been a Blessing to me as a newbie.

I'm not sure the disc or the plate that creates an upper or lower chamber matter at all. Billet valve covers don't have any of that stuff.

Just need to keep in mind you will need a vent as well as pulse fitting in the valve cover. Sometimes it is preferred to have pulse fitting in intake, or crankcase, depending on your rules.
The disc can be a valve to keep air from coming back into engine. This can help lubrication by limiting foaming somewhat. Also creating a vacuum on crankcase can help ring sealing and free up the power loss from the piston moving air on the bottom side.

aren't you supposed to be below the baffle with the pulse fitting?
as stated rules may affect that.
box stock: I'm thinking you are needing a new valve cover.

Back