predator rules

With the lack of hemi engines and the rumor that there may be no mor production of the hemi, tracks are going to need a qualified tech now because there will be no engines to swap. Chew on that for a bit and let me know what direction the hemi will go.

Seven years ago, same thing, predator Hemi was rumored to be a short lived engine model. Nothing changes, chicken little screams “the sky is falling”, several people jump in, “yeah the Hemi is done”. It’s like watching national news networks, anyone can say anything, doesn’t mean it’s factual. Run the Hemi till it isn’t anymore, you don’t need lengthy tech in the class if stock air box, muffler, working gov. Why make an inexpensive class follow in the path of the clone, is it because there’s more money to be made in a class that is growing quickly, only if in-depth tech is involved? Don’t have large payouts for the class, don’t open up rules, leave it fun as it was intended

Last edited:
Seven years ago??? I have been trying to purchase the hemi in my area for 3 months. An area of 50 miles and none available. That means none to swap out if claimed. That means a tech mans nightmare because there are no written specs. I take an engine down and find that both valves are dropped close to the floor which is nothing like I have seen in previous engines. I can’t call that. The owner tells me he didn’t do that and wants me to prove it wrong. During the inspection I find that the bowls of both ports have been dropped deeper than any others I have seen. How can I prove that. Just those two areas alone will be an improvement on a 5500 rpm engine. With that being said the best fix for that is to remove the engine from competing against others. BUT. There are none to swap out. It won’t take long for racers to figure it out and tracks don’t have trained or knowledgeable people to keep an eye on things. True. It is not known if it is factual yet. But. Tracks need to prepare for what can happen. Hemi gone. Regular 212 next in line. Mad rush at HF to get a regular 212 and supply runs out. So what next. A regular 212 class and a hemi class until the hemi fades out. All we need is another class. Oh ya. How bout the junior predators that are growing. Another class for them also. Food for thought

No, you don’t need another class. It’s a $100 engine, if Hemi can’t be found, track owners state in rules, your engine will be swapped for a non Hemi. $100 engine, you don’t give a guy a year or two to cycle the Hemi out, it’s a $100 engine! Racing requires some investment, and effort. The best way for predator class to survive, everyone needs to think, how can we keep the tech man out of it

You won’t be competitive racing a non hemi against the hemi. How many racers will like that. Now, tracks could score separately and run them together. How can you keep the tech man out of it? That’s pretty simple to answer. Just don’t have one.

You are never going to get everyone together. The best possible scenario is to utilize the work that has already been done by the good men at Penns Creek, Selinsgrove, and 7 Stars to standardize the predator class and keep it "OUT OF THE BOX AFFORDABLE" If you think you can "Make a decision as a group" what are the odds that what "your group" decides will be better than what they have?
ON AVERAGE IT'S BECOME THE BIGGEST CLASS AT ALL 3 TRACKS, WHY CHANGE WHATS WORKING ?

I bought the guard for the predator engine and mine still don’t fit it.
A5A3E40E-679B-4B30-A9AF-73B757BE8414.jpeg

Back