predator rules

Let me be very clear about this so there’s not any misunderstanding by people coming to Pennscreek without a fuel tank on. Fuel tank is mandatory at Penns Creek. You will not race at Penns Creek without a fuel tank. The one that came on the engine.

How much of an advantage do you get by moving the fuel tank? Just honestly curious.
Moving a fuel tank isn't just it. Moving a tank means you get to change the fuel line to one that can supply more fuel, helping eliminate some/all? of the stumble mid corner people complain about with this motor. You can run an actual vent hose instead of a hole drilled in the cap. Then you can drill the jet to .0315. The PRO rules allow a fuel pump and pulsing off of the valve cover. They allow replacement valve springs. All of those little things would make a PRO motor better than a Penns Creek style motor.

You can run a 360 motor in WoO, but it isn't the same and it isn't going to win very often.

The problem with removing the fuel tank and putting a top plate on with the fuel pump is that not everyone can do that on their own. That would mean someone has to send their engine to a builder thus addping an additional cost to the motor. One of the purposes of the out-of-the-box engine is to keep the engine out of the hands of the builder. We at Penns Creek have not had any issues with the fuel tank at this point in time. Therefore we feel that removing the tank and adding an external fuel system on the unit is absolutely financially unnecessary

I'm sorry but if you cant remove a fuel tank and bolt on a top plate run a few lines you probably aren't a racer and weren't going to stick around long anyway.

So you just told everyone that wants to be involved in karting that if they can’t do their own work on the engine to just stay away. You should think before you type. You just insulted several people
No, you're not going to the engine builder. You call your buddy, hey Bubba, think we can figure this out? We'll try, bring the wife and kids after church, we'll make a day of it. 7 hrs later, engine done, on floor in front seat so wife can cradle it with her feet, you're telling Bubba about that flathead misting methanol on your shield, wife calling, we gotta go, little Johnny has school tomorrow. Bubba says he works next two weekends, can you haul his kart, he'll meet you at the track after work. No problem, if you're late don't worry, drive safe. We'll take care of your daughters kart till you get there, thanks again Bubba.

@DynoDon @Brian44m too bad there isn't out of the box "clone" engine one could start with and transition to the other classes. Would be a nice progression from beginner / fun class to competitive racing... hard to start over now that so many predators are out there I guess.

So you just told everyone that wants to be involved in karting that if they can’t do their own work on the engine to just stay away. You should think before you type. You just insulted several people
Taking a tank off and adding a top plate/fuel pump is FAR from engine work. I stand behind my statement. Engine work starts when the side cover or valve cover comes off.

Last edited:
All three of them! Not arguing one way or another. BUT, if you cannot add a top plate, fuel pump, and fuel line....Well, who do you pay to put the correct amount of air in your tires?

It doesn't have to come down to capability, it can just be a choice.
IM WILLING TO SET DOWN WITH ANYBODY TO GO OVER RULES BUT KEEP IN MIND WE HAVE BEEN RUNNING SAME SET OF RULES FOR OVER 8 YEARS IF IM GETTING 80 PREDATOR KARTS PER RACE IT MUST BE WORKING ON OUR WEB SIT YOU CAN GET OUR RULES I THINK ONLY DIFFERENCE THAN OUT EAST TRACKS IS WE ALLOW GOV. TO BE REMOVED LIKE I SAID BEFORE AND HAVE SAID ON HERE IM WILLING TO DO ANY THING FOR RACERS OR I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR 33YEARS AS FAR AS THE THE GUYS THAT WANT TO TRY TO GET AWAY WITH CHEATING I HAVE ONE OF THE BEST TECH GUYS IN THE BUISNESS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO ALSO AS FAR AS THE RUSH SERIES GOES IM STILL UP IN THE AIR IF THEY DONT GET A SAFE MOTOR MADE UP IT COULD CHANGE MY MIND IF WE WILL BE RUNNING IN THAT SERIES OR NOT

IM WILLING TO SET DOWN WITH ANYBODY TO GO OVER RULES BUT KEEP IN MIND WE HAVE BEEN RUNNING SAME SET OF RULES FOR OVER 8 YEARS IF IM GETTING 80 PREDATOR KARTS PER RACE IT MUST BE WORKING ON OUR WEB SIT YOU CAN GET OUR RULES I THINK ONLY DIFFERENCE THAN OUT EAST TRACKS IS WE ALLOW GOV. TO BE REMOVED LIKE I SAID BEFORE AND HAVE SAID ON HERE IM WILLING TO DO ANY THING FOR RACERS OR I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR 33YEARS AS FAR AS THE THE GUYS THAT WANT TO TRY TO GET AWAY WITH CHEATING I HAVE ONE OF THE BEST TECH GUYS IN THE BUISNESS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO ALSO AS FAR AS THE RUSH SERIES GOES IM STILL UP IN THE AIR IF THEY DONT GET A SAFE MOTOR MADE UP IT COULD CHANGE MY MIND IF WE WILL BE RUNNING IN THAT SERIES OR NOT
Only because you replied to my post, just making sure there is no confusion my quote ( this quote ) had nothing to do with the original intent of the thread, this quote was directed in general to guy's commenting about others not being able to put on a top plate and hook up the throttle, that maybe that had nothing to do with being capable or not it could just be they choose to pay someone to do so as a lot of guy's pay someone to do things there capable of doing.

Now since you posted I'll comment on current subject, I'm with you last year some of the same people posted about predator rules out western Pa, I posted that your rules have been in place the longest and your drawing karts so WHY would the rest vary from that, I did question voice my thought's I felt it was a mistake to remove the governor, and why not western Pa just follow eastern Pa rules, I'll also say I hope you stay up in the air with this CURRENT Rush deal as it's NO good for the AVG racers and will only divide karting even further, especially in western Pa. The ONLY way I would even give them a second thought would be IF they used a Stock predator engine, OR at least a current engine being used. I'm sure your aware but I'll remind you anyway YOU don't need them they need you, I hope all the tracks thinking drop the thought let them go to the expense and sweat equity of having there own track and do it all there. Going back to the original post sounds like someone should be on the phone with you.

Good Luck !!

Now since you posted I'll comment on current subject, I'm with you last year some of the same people posted about predator rules out western Pa, I posted that your rules have been in place the longest and your drawing karts so WHY would the rest vary from that, I did question voice my thought's I felt it was a mistake to remove the governor, and why not western Pa just follow eastern Pa rules, I'll also say I hope you stay up in the air with this CURRENT Rush deal as it's NO good for the AVG racers and will only divide karting even further, especially in western Pa. The ONLY way I would even give them a second thought would be IF they used a Stock predator engine, OR at least a current engine being used. I'm sure your aware but I'll remind you anyway YOU don't need them they need you, I hope all the tracks thinking drop the thought let them go to the expense and sweat equity of having there own track and do it all there. Going back to the original post sounds like someone should be on the phone with you.

Good Luck !! I
I AM HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS ON THE RUSH SERIES I HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE MOTOR BUILDER AND VICKY VOICING MY OPION THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THE MOTOR IS NOT TO MY STANDERS AND SAFETY TO THE RACERS AND SPECTATORS I WILL MAKE MY FINAL DECISION TO RUN THIS YEAR PENDING ON THERE RESPONCE I HAVE ALSO TALKED TO OTHER TRACKS THAT HAVE THE SAME CONCERNES WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH NOT RUNNING STOCK AND MAKING MODIFICATIONS AND KEEPING STOCK FLYWHEEL SORRY ABOUT SPELLING AND I DONT GET ON HERE MUCH TO QUICKLY RESPOND

I brought it up about the stock flywheel with big pipe and was basically in nice terms told to shut up. Good luck. Let one blow apart on a stand and go through someones chest or little billys face and we will see how much knowledge RUSH and their coharts think they have. This has been a complete sham from the beginning and whoever fed this line of stupidity to the RUSH officials who were clueless about karting to begin with should go down with them when someone gets a chest or face torn off. And there are some really naive people out there falling for it. Interestingly to slippery rocks post, I talked to a guy on facebook who is looking to buy this overpriced motor to run your track so may want to get this out soon before someone pays 600 hundred for a 96 dollar motor. Also, this same driver is under the impression that this class will pay no money weekly? Just pit pass? I actually had one person tell me that they will save 3000 dollars racing with RUSH this year. Just plain crazy. RUSH is playing off the most inexperienced and vulnerable among us and hopefully all the tracks realize this and put it in its place fast. Your considering it. Lockhart may or may not open have heard nothing for sure. Doubt that blanket hill will draw any karts to begin with and they are already questioning even running karts to begin with. My understanding from conversations with others is stateline is not even sold on it and that would be her only real chance left to garner a lot of karts. Only other track is naugle and I don't think Ed truly understand the stakes here or he would be out also in my opinion. Im open to talk with anyone anytime. Just call me. Most all have my number. Would love to find out whats on the table here for promoters. You all know your not making money off this. There will be no "new racers" coming to your track because of this. So whats in it for you to do her work. on top of that, You may not see any of the entry fees if what John Doe told me is true?. So your gonna run RUSH series, make no money yourself, take the risks involved then be at fault when this blows up with no gain for yourself? Cmon.

Last edited:
get this out soon before someone pays 600 hundred for a 96 dollar motor
(y)

I saw on FB they sold at least 1 the other day... didn't appear they were flying off the shelves though. (not surprised) Prior to the details and rules being released it sounded interesting... but it's a complete non-starter for us. Glad to see tracks reconsidering...

Back