predator rules

I begged at the beginning of all this to have someone talk to an experienced engine builder about these motor rules. I suggested contacting an experienced engine builder about the stock flywheel and was told and I quote "why would anyone change the stock flywheel on a motor that is suppose to be stock". This just shows that the level of knowledge just isn't there. Its not an insult to anyone, there is just no knowledge about real life kart racing. Completely clueless, at the meeting they tried to passify the terrible choice of tire options as "this tire is meant for dirt unlike other tires being used". What? really? cmon. now who would have made that statement and believe that is true if you had any ounce of karting experience? Anyone? Would Burris argue that? what about Vega?

I AM HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS ON THE RUSH SERIES I HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE MOTOR BUILDER AND VICKY VOICING MY OPION THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THE MOTOR IS NOT TO MY STANDERS AND SAFETY TO THE RACERS AND SPECTATORS I WILL MAKE MY FINAL DECISION TO RUN THIS YEAR PENDING ON THERE RESPONCE I HAVE ALSO TALKED TO OTHER TRACKS THAT HAVE THE SAME CONCERNES WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH NOT RUNNING STOCK AND MAKING MODIFICATIONS AND KEEPING STOCK FLYWHEEL SORRY ABOUT SPELLING AND I DONT GET ON HERE MUCH TO QUICKLY RESPOND
I'm going to put my track operator hat back on for a moment, Your safety concerns are very valid, HOWEVER take that away even IF they address your concern with motor, being a different motor It still hurts the other tracks in the end, If I'm approached with this as planned as a track owner after 2 minutes my response is so let's get this straight you want me to help you build a monopoly all while making nothing, I would tell them If you decide to use BURRIS tires ( If there still what most tracks run ) and a Stock Predator motor and add a few classes to my normal show come see me again we can talk, until then get the hell off my property, All track owners break this apart in little pieces asking what's in this for me to even consider going along, I'm on the other end of the state and I can answer that NOTHING, your just helping them establish a plat form, EVEN If you struggling drawing entries there NOTHING here for you getting on board as proposed. Only way it would be worse for tracks is if you allow them to pull in there own food truck as well.

Good Luck to all the tracks !! To the Rush series, as proposed I hope it sinks before it ever sails !!

I’m not for sure what the motor is... I was told it was gonna he a Ducar but I also heard they have been busy prepping predator motors to sell.

heard that.... like I’ve said before I have zero interest in this series. It’s not for me, I have a few tracks I frequent and I hope that they stay running just as they are.

Track has not been dusty the few times I have been there in recent memory. Been real good actually minus a few rough spots here and there but no worse than some. The issue with the motors has been a problem for years dating back to when I ran flatheads about ten or so years ago. My engine builder actually showed me pistons chewed up that raced at the rock. He felt at the time it may have been related to what was being used in the water itself that was hurting the insides of motors. Not sure if that's the same situation being referred to here but I suppose its possible. Dust certainly has not been an issue and I have not raced enough there to show any wear in my motors.

Have not pushed the issue. Still trying to get a feel for RUSH final decision. They released there final rules today and Im waiting to see what everyone decides here. Depending on what the tracks decide we will then have to decide how to fix the mess at that point.

Last edited:
Have not pushed the issue. Still trying to get a feel for RUSH final decision. They released there final rules today and Im waiting to see what everyone decides here. Depending on what the tracks decide we will then have to decide how to fix the mess at that point.
Yeah, I saw that... did anything change? They looked pretty much the same from what I could tell.

They specified the header. If I remember correctly that was not the case before. also clarified the tach rule. basically still way out if touch with reality but will see what these tracks decide.

The tracks can decide what they want. It is the karter who controls what they race. I am trying to comprehend in my own mind why anyone would want to do it with the exception of a bunch of people with deep pockets. Money causes strange things to happen

Maybe the 301cc from H.F, I believe thats the next line of there engines....when will it ever ends
That's a good point... @DynoDon have you heard anything more on the availability of HF engines? Given that it appears RUSH is sourcing their engines from HF... either direction would need to locate another source if this one goes away.

So this is how rush is gonna take over... buy up all the predators so we can’t run them anymore... hmmmm sneaky! 😂

Back