predator rules

Didn't mean your racetrack Ken. I meant on any racetrack out east. If no one is interested fine. I will be done with it. But my inbox, facebook and so on is full of people wanting unity on both sides. Most just never post for wanting to offend I suppose. Im willing to do it. Is anyone else. I get calls all day. "Brian please fix this". im trying but if no one will meet it cant be done. If you guys are happy so be it. But I have to get the tracks in western pa on the same page before it falls apart completely around us.

Last edited:
Seems like it should be a pretty easy decision...why did the predator class start? For a cheaper way to race ...so keep it cheap ...run them out of the box dont change anything....I have watched this class grow and the competition at selinsgrove...seven stars...penns creek is incredible...these three tracks already showed they care enough to all keep the same rules for this class ...why not just get on board with them and if you really care about the racer and growing the sport then let guys/girls get into racing without having engine builders get involved!!!

Didn't mean your racetrack Ken. I meant on any racetrack out east. If no one is interested fine. I will be done with it. But my inbox, facebook and so on is full of people wanting unity on both sides. Most just never post for wanting to offend I suppose. Im willing to do it. Is anyone else. I get calls all day. "Brian please fix this". im trying but if no one will meet it cant be done.
And I bet 90 % of the inbox, facebook, calls are western Pa racers you got 3 western tracks on board now, not many more to go with western tracks you got a chance at pulling that off, Again eastern Pa is working there not changing most Everyone is happy here, there not so much get the few others on board adapt the rules here your mission is accomplished and all the guy's asking your help to fix it are happy.

Your second person now to question me as far as "caring about the racer". Would I be here begging if I didn't. I would challenge anyone to find another person who has fought harder for kart racing in western pa than me.

Your second person now to question me as far as "caring about the racer". Would I be here begging if I didn't. I would challenge anyone to find another person who has fought harder for kart racing in western pa than me.
Your taking it wrong neither were questioning your intent, just pointing out since your looking out for western Pa as a whole, WHY not lobby these rules as they cover EVERY basis and concern at the lowest cost.

Wasn't meant as a slam to you ...it was a statement not an accusation...I'm sure lots care about growing the sport but I dont know you so not in anyway was I saying brian44m that you dont care ...I apologize

I guess my question is why are those rules the only way to go. don't forget we get high counts out here too with the governor out. We cant assume one set is better than another because it is our opinion. Lets sit down and talk about it. here everyone out. I can argue all day why some rules are better than others. THAT GETS US NOWHERE. I guarantee not one owner past state college will come to this meeting. And I could have it on your racetrack.
Those rules are the true out of the box rules, so why should those tracks be open to change? You want similar rules, but no govenor. I know, a year ago I told you, take the govenor out, it's not stock. You told me, I was clueless. I believe the govenor is the main issue you have with predator rules.

I dont care whether governor is in or out. Just want them to be the same. Thats coming from someone who if the governor's are in will no longer be able to race in the lower weight classes. I dont care at this point.

Own last thought here, I know we only have Hemi predators. That rules out some western tracks just because you all can't get unified on that simple rule.

I guess my question is why are those rules the only way to go. don't forget we get high counts out here too with the governor out. We cant assume one set is better than another because it is our opinion. Lets sit down and talk about it. here everyone out. I can argue all day why some rules are better than others. THAT GETS US NOWHERE. I guarantee not one owner past state college will come to this meeting. And I could have it on your racetrack.
Because every motor we bought from someone who "runs out west" was illegal for the track it purported to come from.

There are illegal motors run weekly at Flat Run, Red Rock, Cove View, Good Hope and Slippery Rock. Now I know 2 of those closed, but those motors are likely to be raced somewhere. I bet they don't show up at the 3 eastern tracks mentioned.

Last edited:
Thanks I was just curious, I never floored ours in stand but on the track we run about 52-5300 without governor. I would have thought with it in would be way less than that.

Thanks I was just curious, I never floored ours in stand but on the track we run about 52-5300 without governor. I would have thought with it in would be way less than that.
It gives for really good racing, In the end I bet lap times would be real close to without governor.

The rules listed above are good.. ONLY one thing thats become a issue.. What is the stock jet sizes?
Low speed and hi speed jets are varying upwards to .003 difference from engine to engine especially when allowing both hemi and no hemi.. A lot of tracks have dropped a spec jet size or listed a max allowed size..

OEM air filters were a problem in the beginning,, only find them off parted out engines.. That problem is rectified now.. Atleast we have them anyway..

I have inspected and documented over 15 212 engines over the last two years. I have also built engines for over 40 years now. I am only going to say this once and if you are truly trying to get on the same page across the state, removing the governor is a BIG mistake. It opens many many doors to go down the road the clone went!!!!

Back