Predator to clone conversion

IronMarc

Hey all, i have been in the flathead game for about 10 years and i believe its time to poke my nose in the clone stuff. I heard you can build a clone from a predator and race it in the same class. If this is true, what modifications would I have to do in order to be competitive?

I wonder! If you could modify a predator to the point where it made exactly the same HP as the clone, would people except that engine, especially if you started winning?
There was a time in karting when all chainsaw engines competed against each other, but that didn't last very long.

I wonder! If you could modify a predator to the point where it made exactly the same HP as the clone, would people except that engine, especially if you started winning?
There was a time in karting when all chainsaw engines competed against each other, but that didn't last very long.
Its 18cc larger to start . You can and do massage it to make as much or more horsepower then a clone .
The day of mixing engines has past as you stated . A long long time ago .

Its 18cc larger to start . You can and do massage it to make as much or more horsepower then a clone .
The day of mixing engines has past as you stated . A long long time ago .
Where you around when IKF made the mistake of changing the name of the McCullough class' to American Reed? What a debacle!

If your looking for a cheap way to race clones call one of the suppliers that had a kit engine. Most sell for around $350 less exhaust. They are good products. If ya have any questions feel free to call me. I will share

There was a track in Ohio that ran a PAC class last year. Predator, Animal, Clone. I haven't heard anything about it this year.

Just remember Jody with ARC racing talking about a class out of Georgia I think it is that is a Predator/Clone mix and match class. Can use any parts that came out on either engine. I think it was on their FB page.

Tell us what track you are racing. Some places have a predator class or a "stock appearing" "emod" or something like that where you could use a 212 block. But to run in an actual AKRA or NKA clone class no that motor is not legal. You could probably run it a couple nights to get seat time to get started but if you win don't be surprised if they throw a fit lol

Tell us what track you are racing. Some places have a predator class or a "stock appearing" "emod" or something like that where you could use a 212 block. But to run in an actual AKRA or NKA clone class no that motor is not legal. You could probably run it a couple nights to get seat time to get started but if you win don't be surprised if they throw a fit lol
Don't be surprised if they `throw a fit` . Right away !

Back